    My ISP has informed me that they are going to be uping my speed in the next
    ' 3 to 5 days'..i wanna know if they have...

    thanks in advance!

    the_niner_nation, Oct 16, 2004

  2. the_niner_nation

    Unk Guest

    Unk, Oct 16, 2004

  3. the_niner_nation

    Yddap Guest

    In
    http://www.broadbandspeedtest.net/
    Set it up for your connection and go

    Yddap, Oct 16, 2004
  4. the_niner_nation

    Dodo Guest

    When downloading a file, Windows displays the download speed in kilobytes
    per second. This value can be converted into other units as follows:

    b=bits
    B=bytes
    k=1000
    M=1000000

    b=B*8
    M=k/1000

    367kBps=2936kbps=2.936Mbps

    Dodo, Oct 16, 2004
  5. the_niner_nation

    PuppyKatt Guest

    PuppyKatt, Oct 16, 2004
  6. Damn, I thought it was going to be a pretty good test. 1st time all the
    ping times were quite good, but the download speed test had a server
    error and the upload speed test isn't activated until the software is
    registered, so no speed readouts. 2nd time I tested at 171Kb download,
    not nearly what I get from other test sites.

    I kinda like the one here:
    http://www.giganews.com/comps/test_connect.mhtml

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 17, 2004
  7. the_niner_nation

    Flying Rat Guest

    www.dslzoneuk.net has a pretty accurate speed tester if you are in the
    UK (which you appear to be). Doesn't require any signing up or owt.

    FR

    Flying Rat, Oct 17, 2004
  8. the_niner_nation

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    all the web based speed test are not accurate
    you can use DUmeter to monitor your actual bandwidth http://www.dumeter.com/
    i use etherpeek and solar winds for doing individual protocal speed tests.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Oct 17, 2004
  9. the_niner_nation

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    there are also overhead packets for error checking that makes the datastream
    inconsistant.
    the download stream will fluctuate from 10bits to 10Bytes giving a not so
    precise of an average value.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Oct 17, 2004
  10. the_niner_nation

    nolie

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2011
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yes you can check the speed,You can check the speed only using the Online speed test sites.,You can check at here Scanmyspeed.com
    I am using 2mbps Broadband Connection... My Uploading speed is 0.181 Mbps and Downloading speed is 3.587Mbps,

    nolie, Sep 17, 2011