    sharpening, no noise reduction. Both RAW.

    D70s top strip, D7000 below.

    http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/134402165/original

    RichA, May 2, 2011

  2. RichA

    Me Guest

    Yeah - well aren't you one of the posters who repost crap comparisons
    from idiots at DPReview etc, when they claim that the D80 is at least a
    stop better than the D70, the D90 at least a stop better than a D80, the
    D7000 at least a stop better than the D90 etc...
    So you're surprised when the cumulative increase in performance is
    somewhat underwhelming?
    But the D70 also had crap base ISO dynamic range, colour moire from
    too-weak AA filter and poor internal processing of jpegs, bloom, and a
    sensor that acted like a dust magnet. Sometimes one or more of these
    faults would be an issue, but normally not.

    As far as the price comparison goes, the D7000 has a better viewfinder,
    better AF system, better construction, better LCD, faster, and with a
    much better feature set than the D70/s.

    Me, May 3, 2011

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    But no conclusions were drawn, it was simply a comparison.

    RichA, May 3, 2011

  4. Hit Cmd and minus keys, Mac. Probably Alt. and minus for Doze.

    John McWilliams, May 3, 2011
  5. RichA

    Me Guest

    It makes a mug of you though, incessantly whining about image quality of
    various slrs for the past 7 years, then showing how little has changed.
    Perhaps the manufacturers don't listen to you.

    Me, May 3, 2011
  6. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Here's yet another Rich Anderson "comparison" that tells us precisely
    nothing. Why not display both images (D70/D7000) at the same size?
    Then we might be able to judge any differences.

    Bruce, May 3, 2011
  7. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    Have you tried ctrl | 0? to reduce the screen size? Or even ctrl | -.

    HTH

    PeterN, May 3, 2011
  8. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    I had a similar issue with Firefox and played around with the settings
    until it worked. However, IIRC my issue was not limited to PBase.

    PeterN, May 3, 2011
  9. David J Taylor, May 3, 2011
  10. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Thanks Paul.

    That shows a very significant improvement in image quality, which
    means that Rich should be very happy indeed with his new D7000.

    The fact that Rich obviously isn't happy suggests that he is suffering
    a severe bout of Buyer's Remorse. It was probably brought on (a) by
    the non-availability of his chosen Panasonic LUMIX GH2 and (b) by
    Rich's perception that his friend's GH2 produces better results than
    his D7000. An erroneous perception, of course, but it is enough to
    make Rich seriously unhappy with his purchase.

    I'm very glad Rich isn't one of our customers. He seems to be every
    camera store owner's recurring nightmare. ;-)

    Bruce, May 3, 2011
  11. RichA

    tony cooper Guest

    No problem here with Firefox.

    tony cooper, May 4, 2011
  12. RichA

    Mike Guest

    Now compare those results with ISO 800 Slide film.

    Mike, May 4, 2011
  13. RichA

    RichA Guest

    What are are you talking about? I've never experienced buyer's
    remorse. If something I get doesn't do what I expected, I get rid of
    it and move on. The D7000 does show improvements in many areas, but I
    thought that the comparison was interesting because the image from the
    now hyper-affordable used D70s is quite good.

    RichA, May 4, 2011
  14. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Slide film? Not a good idea as more and more places are dumping E6
    processing. I found an old roll of slide film and took it to a local
    store to see if they could process it. They didn't even know what
    slide film was!

    RichA, May 4, 2011
  15. RichA

    Guest Guest

    bullshit.

    Guest, May 4, 2011
  16. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    As with most of your "comparisons", this one was meaningless.

    Why bother?

    Bruce, May 4, 2011
  17. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Just keep telling yourself that, luddite.

    RichA, May 4, 2011
  18. RichA

    RichA Guest

    What is meaningless about it?

    RichA, May 4, 2011
  19. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Most of your "comparisons" are meaningless because there is an absence
    of any control, discipline or objectivity, so no valid conclusions can
    be drawn. It's a pity, because a properly controlled comparison is
    often of great value.

    When Paul Furman posted a version of your D70/D7000 "comparison" which
    provided a proper comparison between the results from the two cameras,
    the verdict was virtually the opposite of your claim.

    Your comparison of Nikon and Olympus 50mm f/1.8 lenses was fatally
    flawed because only one of the shots was correctly focused.

    Comparisons are only meaningful if they are properly controlled to
    remove all variables other than the one that is being compared. You
    don't take enough care to do this, which is why your "comparisons" are
    meaningless. The answer is to take more care.

    Bruce, May 4, 2011
  20. RichA

    Mike Guest

    Rich's second home Henry's ships processing, including E-6 to:

    Silvano Color Labs
    355 Weston Rd, York,
    ON M6N 4Y7

    http://www.silvanoimaging.com/E6.html

    All Rich had to do was walk over to the other counter in the Henry's he
    lives in.

    Mike

    Mike, May 4, 2011