    reading I end up spending just about the whole time reading nonsense. Is
    there a newsgroup for serious MCSE's and candidates?

    -jr

    Jeffrey Reed, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Jeffrey Reed

    |{evin Guest

    Yes, this is it. We just get a lot of noise from people who can't be
    bothered with learning the basics first.

    |{evin, Jul 6, 2003

  3. Jeffrey Reed

    Lady Guest

    Ignore the nonsense. There are some really good posts on this board.

    Lady, Jul 6, 2003
  4. Jeffrey Reed

    Jennifer Guest

    This can be a useful group. Just weed throught he garbage and you will find
    good postings. In time, you will know who posts on-topic and who should be
    avoided.

    Jennifer, Jul 6, 2003
  5. Jeffrey Reed

    Andy Foster Guest

    If people post dumb questions, it is likely they will receive
    appropriate replies.
    If anyone ever posts a sensible question, it is also likely that they
    will receive an appropriate reply.

    If you'd care to start the ball rolling ...

    Andy

    Andy Foster, Jul 6, 2003
  6. Jeffrey Reed

    shadow Guest

    shadow, Jul 7, 2003
  7. Jeffrey Reed

    Techie Guest

    Garbage In Garbage Out but you probably are so new to computers that you
    have never heard that term.

    Techie, Jul 7, 2003
  8. Jeffrey Reed

    billyw Guest

    ah the eternal optimist

    billyw, Jul 7, 2003
  9. Jeffrey Reed

    billyw Guest

    yup i think we do

    billyw, Jul 7, 2003
  10. Jeffrey Reed

    billyw Guest

    define "dumb" question
    define "sensible" question

    billyw, Jul 7, 2003
  11. Jeffrey Reed

    billyw Guest

    huh??

    billyw, Jul 7, 2003
  12. GIGO.

    As he stated... You provide garbage as input, you get garbage as output.

    Are you really that new, Billy, or is this not something they say in
    ENGLAND?

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jul 7, 2003
  13. Jeffrey Reed

    billyw Guest

    that would be brit humour...
    not humor

    billyw, Jul 7, 2003
  14. Isn't that ironic?

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jul 7, 2003
  15. Jeffrey Reed

    Jtyc Guest

    oops colonials and irony... does not compute does not compute

    You're crazy. We know irony.

    It's like rain... on your wedding day. Or a free ride... when you've
    already paid... Or good advice that you just didn't take...

    oh wait... Alanis is Canadian isn't she...

    damnit

    Jtyc, Jul 7, 2003
  16. Jeffrey Reed

    Consultant Guest

    dont ya think

    Consultant, Jul 7, 2003
  17. Jeffrey Reed

    billyw Guest

    but still a colonial... but canadians are a different breed
    nice try tho

    billyw, Jul 7, 2003
  18. Jeffrey Reed

    Maestro Guest

    You're experiencing the same disappointment that anyone who came here with
    serious intentions has already experienced. Since we can't police
    ourselves, I actually wish this were a moderated newsgroup. Unfortunately
    there is no where else to go. All I can recommend is to set the ignore
    conversation flag on threads that are off topic. Believe it or not, it has
    actually gotten much better over the last few weeks (most likely because
    certain individuals have not been posting), so there is some hope that
    someday we'll be able to come here and share ideas with other MCSEs and
    wannabe MCSEs.

    Maestro, Jul 7, 2003
  19. Jeffrey Reed

    Maestro Guest

    The purpose for some of those people you're referring to coming here is to
    learn the basics. There are people out there that have a genuine interest,
    but don't know newsgroup etiquette, or don't know that questions have been
    asked before, or whatever the case may be. As an example someone may ask,
    how do I perform a certain function. They're then summarily flamed because
    the question has been asked many times before, or they could have found the
    answer if they did some research on their own. I'll agree that some
    questions do deserve the response the get (although I disagree that it needs
    to be given in the manner that it is), but if you were sitting in on a class
    and asked a teacher a question, how would you feel if the teacher flamed you
    because someone asked the same question last class, and the class before
    that, etc? The purpose of these newsgroups is for people with similar
    interest to gather and exchange information. Sometimes that means answering
    the same question more than once. For those that don't have that kind of
    patience they don't have to respond. It seems that the same people that do
    the flaming for dumb or repeated questions have no problem with devoting a
    considerable amount of energy to "nonsense" as the original poster noted.

    Maestro, Jul 7, 2003
  20. Jeffrey Reed

    Maestro Guest

    Why do you think that we have to subscribe to your definition of a dumb
    question? ...and who made you the protector of the integrity of this
    newsgroup?

    Maestro, Jul 7, 2003