  1. IzodIzod

    IzodIzod Guest

    What do I have to do to start a News Group???

    IzodIzod, May 7, 2005

  2. IzodIzod

    Old Gringo Guest

    Old Gringo, May 7, 2005

  3. IzodIzod

    gangle Guest

    It's pointless. There's already 1000s of dead, unused
    NGs -- no need for another soon-to-be dead vanity
    group. Start a Yahoo mail list instead.

    gangle, May 7, 2005
  4. At least, you'll need to download and install Service Pak 2.

    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, May 7, 2005
  5. Blinky the Shark, May 7, 2005
  6. IzodIzod

    Joel Rubin Guest

    It's easy to start a newsgroup. You just post a "control: newgroup"
    message.

    It's hard to get your newsgroup on any servers, even your own, unless
    you follow the appropriate rules for the hierarchy.

    You can find more info by googling "start a newsgroup" but this seems
    to be a pretty good summary.

    http://www.cs.uu.nl/wais/html/na-dir/newgroup-faq.html

    Joel Rubin, May 8, 2005
  7. IzodIzod

    Rob K Guest

    (....)
    <snip>

    Joel, obviously you're into fine distinctions. Good.

    Can "we" (TINW) now have your assurance that you've got the 'raw' NG
    basics right - in terms of *not* posting messages with attachments ?

    You're the only regular poster without a clean track record on this
    matter. This post is a clean post and a valid reply, of which I'd like
    to see many more.

    Rob K, May 8, 2005
  8. is no longer there, not even at hotmail.

    http://freespace.virgin.net/bigun.littleun/, May 8, 2005
  9. Don't hold your breah waiting for your Offishul Wizzerd card. :)

    Blinky the Shark, May 8, 2005
  10. IzodIzod

    Rob K Guest

    Heh ..
    Thanks, Blinky.

    Rob K, May 8, 2005
  11. IzodIzod

    TomBrooklyn

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    What are the advantages of a yahoo group over a newsgroup?

    What are the advantages of a newsgroup?

    TomBrooklyn, May 26, 2012