    I have a program that needs to run under DOS. How do I get to DOS using
    this operating system?

    "The grammar..." (paraphrase of Col. Kurtz, _Apocalypse Now_)

    Jim Chip, Jun 21, 2003

  2. Jim Chip

    °Mike° Guest

    Well, if it isn't 'Dr. Charles Brandt', pretending to be Jimchip.

    FOAD, spammer.

    °Mike°, Jun 21, 2003

  3. Jim Chip

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Jun 21, 2003
  4. Jim Chip

    Jimchip Guest

    Jimchip, Jun 22, 2003
  5. Jim Chip

    Jimchip Guest

    Clyde Benson isn't very good at anything, obviously.

    Jimchip, Jun 22, 2003
  6. Jim Chip

    ooyah Guest

    hello

    Q. How do I get to DOS using this operating system?
    A. Start > RUN > type CMD and press enter, what appears is a MS-DOS window -
    use HELP for commands available to you

    regards

    ooyah, Jun 22, 2003
  7. Jim Chip

    °Mike° Guest

    Apparently not; I only encountered him for the first time
    the other day, and I wasn't fooled.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2003
  8. Jim Chip

    trout Guest

    The sad part is; he probably laboured over this Weapon of Limp
    Annoyance for a week in his Fortress of Stupidity.

    trout, Jun 22, 2003
  9. Jim Chip

    trout Guest

    Mr. Faq-loon; meet Mr. Spam-loon.

    trout, Jun 22, 2003
  10. Jim Chip

    °Mike° Guest

    I wonder how much he made from that?

    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2003
  11. Jim Chip

    Jimchip Guest

    Thank you very much kind sir! You are a good person although I haven't
    figured out for what yet.

    As far as the rest of you worthless bunch goes may the fleas of a
    thousand camels infest your stinky crotches!

    Jimchip, Jun 22, 2003
  12. Jim Chip

    Jimchip Guest

    Now Clyde, you got your little peepee whacked last time. You don't want that
    to happen again, do you?

    Jimchip, Jun 22, 2003
  13. Jim Chip

    trout Guest

    It says a great deal about you; that you also consider your name to
    be valueless.

    trout, Jun 22, 2003
  14. Jim Chip

    Mara Guest

    It is.

    Mara, Jun 22, 2003
  15. Jim Chip

    fkasner Guest

    XP has no DOS. You can boot from a floppy that has a DOS on it and thus
    avail yourself of DOS. Alternatively you can make another partition on your
    HD that has the necessary DOS boot materials (you can't find them in XP any
    more).
    FK

    fkasner, Jun 22, 2003