how do you silently install adobe reader 7.05 and other apps

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by greg, Mar 6, 2006.

  1. greg

    greg Guest

    hello:

    Was wondering if I could get some help:

    I am trying to install adobe reader 7.05 using a silent install method.
    What I wish to do is to make it part of a script where it will install
    with no user intervention required. I have looked on the adobe web
    sight, and it just seemed to confuse me more lol. I would like to
    create a .mst file for it if possible. My intention is to make it part
    of a run once command at the end of a windows installation dvd. I would
    also like to do the same thing with firefox as well. I have managed to
    do this with office 2k3 and visio, but not with the others previously
    mentioned.

    I am pretty new to all of this so its a learning experience for me.
    Any helpfull comments would be welcomed.

    Thanks

    Greg

    Also is there a way to find and download post service pack 2 updates for
    windows xp easily? What I am looking for is a list of security patches
    and hotfixes from service pack 2 to present...I can't seem to find that
    specific list... can they be slipstreamed the same way that service
    pack two can(possibly via script?)

    Here is what I have so far for my run once batch file. I know it needs
    some cleaning up, but its still a work in progress...

    net user y_image y_image /add
    net localgroup Administrators y_image /add
    net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited
    REGEDIT /S autologon.reg

    ECHO
    ECHO Applying Regisry Tweaks...
    REGEDIT /s %systemdrive%\install\RegTweaks.reg

    ECHO
    ECHO Installing Office 2003 Professional...
    ECHO Please wait
    start /wait %systemdrive%\install\applications\office2003\setup.exe
    TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

    ECHO
    ECHO Installing Microsoft Visio...Please Wait
    start /wait %systemdrive%\install\applications\visio\visio.msi /qn

    ECHO
    ECHO Installing Norton Antivirus Client
    ECHO Please Wait
    start /wait %systemdrive%\install\applications\norton\savceclm.exe

    ECHO
    ECHO Installing Adobe...
    ECHO Please wait
    start /wait %systemdrive%\install\applications\adobe
    \AdobeReader7.0.7.msi

    ECHO
    ECHO Installing windows defender
    start /wait %systemdrive%\install\applications\defender
    \WindowsDefender.msi

    ECHO
    ECHO Installing Mozilla Firefox
    start /wait %systemdrive%\install\applications\firefox
    \FirefoxSetup1.5.0.1.exe

    ECHO
    ECHO Installing JAVA
    start /wait %systemdrive%\install\applications\java\jre-1_5_0_06-
    windows-i586-p.exe

    ECHO
    ECHO Installing Roxio
    start /wait %systemdrive%\install\applications\roxio\setup.exe

    ECHO
    ECHO Installing Norton Ghost Client
    start /wait %systemdrive%\install\applications\ghost\Client.msi

    exit

    greg, Mar 6, 2006

  2. If you executed something like that on my machine without my permission
    I'd have to do something very nasty to you.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 6, 2006

  3. X-No-Archive: YES
    greg [] has entered into testimony
    [email protected]
    So you want to design something that behaves like... spyware.

    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com

    Chadwick Stone©, Mar 6, 2006
  4. greg

    greg Guest

    no, thats not my intention. What I want to do is save some time when I do
    a clean install of a machine. spyware or malicious programming really has
    nothing to do with this picture. in fact windows defender is installed to
    prevent such a thing. The script that I posted was part of the "run once"
    command at the end of a winnt.sif file.

    greg, Mar 6, 2006