    the speakers, so when i blow in the mic the sound will come out through the
    speakers. maybe a program i could buy?

    Thanks

    Bradley Burton, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Bradley Burton

    Chet Guest

    In my ME (and I assume it isn't too much different in other versions of
    Windows): Right click on the speaker symbol in the system tray. Select
    Adjust Audio Properties and make sure the input device is set to your
    microphone jack. Then right click on the speaker again and choose Open
    Volume Controls and make sure the microphone volume is set high and not
    muted.

    Chet, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Bradley Burton

    Thor Guest

    In most cases, it should do this automatically when you plug the mic into
    the sound card's "mic" port. Make sure your mic channel isn't muted in the
    windows mixer panel, and then go into the recording mixer properties and
    make sure the mic channel is selected as a recording source. You can access
    these options by opening the mixer panel (double click the little speaker
    icon next to the clock) and then click "file" then "properties".

    Thor, Apr 24, 2004
  4. Bradley Burton

    Panhead5625

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Solution

    Go to your recording devices and select the one you want to listen to through the headphones. Right click and select properties. Go to the tab that says "listen" check the box that says listen to the device. There you go! Easy huh? Hope this is what you wanted to know.

    Panhead5625, Oct 18, 2011