    Since 64 bit flash is available, & works well I would like to have IE 64
    as my default browser.

    Thanks

    Kue2, Sep 16, 2010

  2. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Tony
    I want IE 64 as my default system browser, that does "not" do it.

    Kue2, Sep 17, 2010

  3. How do you get around the fact that most IE plug-ins and controls
    *still* do not work in 64-bit IE? I know the vast majority of
    plug-ins are junk, but you must have to deal with some of them.

    I (and many people I've talked to) have had all kinds of problems with
    Adobe plug-ins and working with sites that serve 32-bit Active-X
    controls. I've even had a few problems with Java applets despite
    having both 32 and 64-bit JRE available.

    I've all but given up on 64-bit browsing.

    George

    George Neuner, Sep 17, 2010
  4. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi George
    You are probably right, at least in the short term. I do think
    the 64 bit browser is the future & in time things will turn around.
    I thought at first that the pre-release of Flash was stable, but on further
    trials
    I've seen "bugs".

    Kue2, Sep 17, 2010
  5. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    The answer: supplied by: Shekhar S - Microsoft Support
    Hi,

    Steps are common for Windows Vista and Windows 7.
    Method 1.
    a. The Internet Explorer shortcut in the Quick Launch toolbar and in the
    Start menu of Windows 7 x64 will run the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer
    by default.
    b. There are actually two shortcuts for Internet Explorer in the "All
    Programs" menu.
    c. Here's the title of each and the exe's they run:
    d.
    Internet Explorer 32 bit
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
    Internet Explorer (64-bit)
    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
    The first one runs IE from the "Program Files (x86)" folder, this is the
    32-bit version. The second one is the 64-bit version.

    Method 2.
    If you want to change the default internet explorer from 32 bit to 64 bit
    you may perform the following steps.
    You can change the program windows uses by default to open with different
    file extensions.
    Here is how:
    a. Click on Start and go to Default Programs.
    b. Click on Associate a file type or protocol always open in a specific
    program.
    c. Browse to all the extensions where internet explorer is set as default
    and then click on change.
    d. Now Click on browse and then go to location C:\Program Files\Internet
    Explorer\iexplore.exe and select it.
    e. Click Ok and then Close.
    f. Click Save.

    Hope this helps.

    Kue2, Sep 19, 2010
  6. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    ?Hi RC
    I installed IE9 beta today posting to see if I get the "? " in front, I'm
    also using WLM but in Vista 64. Still have Square loaded too.

    Kue2, Sep 19, 2010
  7. Kue2

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    Post in HTML and the ? will go away.

    Or

    Go to Tools/Options/Send/International Settings/and select (Unicode-UTF8).
    The route is using Outlook Express, but similar exist in WLM to change to
    Unicode-UTF8). This is done before replying or composing new email/post.

    --

    BullDawg
    In God We Trust

    Bill Sharpe, Sep 20, 2010