How do you make IE 7 64-bit Default?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, May 6, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, May 6, 2007

    Feliks Dzerzhinsky, May 6, 2007

  3. Guest

    Theo Guest

    You're correct. I have seen how to make the 64-bit IE as
    the default, but there also many disadvantages to it at this
    time. To start with Windows Update is not programmed to
    work in IE 64, only IE 32. Also, there are virtually no
    plug ins for IE 64; no Flash, no Java, no QuickTime, no
    ActiveX, and so on. So if you want a browser that gives you
    the option to use these, IE 64 won't do it!

    Theo, May 6, 2007

    Feliks Dzerzhinsky, May 7, 2007
  5. Didn't it involve a Registry Key? Anyhow, I've solved this by having the
    Quick Launch Icon point to the 32bit and the Desktop Icon point to the 64bit
    version, although I'm still on IE6.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 7, 2007