    Any ideas on how to get it working?

    Thanks,
    Bill

    BillR, Jan 2, 2007

  2. BillR

    Bod43 Guest

    Have you tried

    #sh monitor sess 1
    Session 1
    ---------
    Source Ports:
    RX Only: None
    TX Only: None
    Both: None
    Source VLANs:
    RX Only: None
    TX Only: None
    Both: None
    Destination Ports: None
    Filter VLANs: None

    This is a 3845 with NM-16ESW.

    No idea if it actually works though.

    Bod43, Jan 2, 2007

  3. Using a 9-ESW HWIC, I tried this, in global config mode
    (prompt=Routername(config)# ) after doing conf t
    monitor session 1 source interface fastethernet 0/1/0
    monitor session 1 destination interface fastethernet 0/1/8

    My objective was to copy all the traffic on interface 0/1/0 to the 0/1/8
    interface, where I plugged in a PC with ethereal.

    To stop the monitor session and remove the configuration do
    no monitor session 1

    If this sort of thing works for you please say and confirm that what I did
    makes sense. I am a complete beginner with Cisco and read about this
    monitor session facility on one of the manual pages I have managed to print
    out. I have an idea that the Cisco itself can somehow display the packets
    going through but I have yet to discover what commands do this and how to
    ever stop such a process if I get it started.

    Best regards, Eric.

    Eric Johnston, Jan 4, 2007