How do you get a post deleted that had your real e-mail address in it?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Oliver Howell, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. aargh - spam alert!

    Thanks,

    Oliver Howell, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Oliver Howell

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Oliver Howell said:
    Too late.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 25, 2003

  3. X-No-Archive? Is this how to hide it in the first place?
    I've changed it to rubbish anyway...

    Can you (i.e. ntl) not delete it as if it was abusive?

    Oliver Howell, Jul 25, 2003
  4. Oliver Howell

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Oliver Howell said:
    24hoursupport.helpdesk has *nothing* to do with NTL or any other ISP.
    And no, it's too late, it will already propagated to many other servers.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 25, 2003
  5. Oliver Howell

    zamboni25000 Guest

    Yeah, and if there's actually some guy with , I'm sure
    he'll appreciate you for using his email address and getting his box
    spammed.

    (dope.com is a valid domain, even if there isn't a "nope" there they
    still have to process the incoming spam)

    What's your real email address? I might use it as my spam diverter.
    Hey, as long as I don't get the spam, I could care less what happens.

    Right?

    HTH

    zamboni25000, Jul 25, 2003
  6. No, it just prevents it from being archived by Google (and any other
    archiving system that honors x-no-archive). Spambots will probably
    still pick up the address.

    a 32 bit process, Jul 25, 2003
  7. Oliver Howell

    trout Guest

    Registrant:
    Nett Corp
    7628 Refuge Road
    Tallahassee
    FL, US
    32312

    Domain Name: DOPE.COM

    If you're going to just 'make something up'; either check to see if
    it's a valid domain, or avoid using terms like ".com".

    trout, Jul 25, 2003
  8. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In Brian H¹© <> typed
    ||| X-No-Archive? Is this how to hide it in the first place?
    ||| I've changed it to rubbish anyway...
    ||| Can you (i.e. ntl) not delete it as if it was abusive?
    || 24hoursupport.helpdesk has *nothing* to do with NTL or any other ISP.
    || And no, it's too late, it will already propagated to many other

    "it will already propagated"?

    dope

    Robert de Brus, Jul 25, 2003
  9. Not to mention: "24hoursupport.helpdesk has *nothing* to do with NTL
    or any other ISP[...]"

    "*Nothing*", Brain? Other than the fact that NTL and many other ISPs
    carry it?

    HTH

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Jul 26, 2003
  10. Oliver Howell

    trout Guest

    slumpy wrote:
    The Ven-troll-oquist really doesn't care who's asshole he sticks his
    hand up; as long as theres a possible chance that his simian,
    chattering, chest-thumping will somehow waft out of the killfile.
    Like any other troll, he believes his assinine braying is actually
    interesting to those other than himself, the parrot in his pocket, and
    whatever handy poodle he invites to curl up in his lap.

    trout, Jul 27, 2003