    JD Guest

    I've got a 704MB ISO but it won't fit on a CD. I've got blank DVD's and was
    wondering how to burn it on a DVD instead? I'm using Nero 6 and UltraISO.

    JD, Aug 20, 2004

  2. JD

    Ionizer Guest

    UltraISO.

    I'm not sure that you can. Instead of burning it to CD-R you could
    instead mount it to a virtual drive using Daemon Tools:
    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php This will allow you to
    use the ISO and the files contained in it as if it had been burned to CD-
    like installing the software from it, etc.

    Did you already try burning the ISO with Nero only to have Nero say that
    the file was too large?

    Ionizer, Aug 20, 2004

  3. JD

    JD Guest

    It works with Daemon tools but I'd like it on media for backup.

    Yes, tried burning it on CD but was too large, and it says wrong format or
    something if I try to burn to DVD.

    JD, Aug 20, 2004
  4. JD

    Parko Guest

    Look at the link. Deepburner is a W32 app that works nearly as well as K3b
    under MandrakeLinux, SUSE Linux 9, Debian Woody, etcetera. When I flip
    into Windows XP at work or whatever, I use Deepburner before Nero Burning
    X because it suits my purposes. As far as the ISO goes, the extra 4 MB of
    data should not cause a problem with overburning with decent software and
    hardware under any OS that is reasonably up-to-date. Exammine the CD media
    you are using. Is the CDR 650 Mb capacity or 700Mb? Sometimes, just
    sometimes, brandname media out performs generic media. I'd also consider
    burning the ISO at 2X or 4X speed to avoid data corruption. If the ISO
    came with md5sums, check the sum against the original published on the
    website you downloaded the ISO from. Scan the ISO for netnasties. Acquire
    a goat, on a full moon sacrifice it and slit its belly. Plunge your hands
    into its warm entrails and read the signs from the gods...

    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345
    And now for something completely different.../dev/nul

    Parko, Aug 20, 2004
  5. JD

    sportlifeSNK Guest

    go to the store and buy a 800mb disc, they do exist. than you can burn it
    without converting or anything els.

    If you still can't get is burn the ISO as data with nero on a DVD. works for
    me

    sportlifeSNK, Aug 20, 2004
  6. JD

    Ionizer Guest

    As a goat-herding clairvoyant, I wish to object in the strongest possible
    terms to the above post. It is a well known fact that we now have our
    entrails-spewing activities relatively under control.

    Regards,
    Ian.
    (Now Playing: Signs - Five Man Electrical Band)

    Ionizer, Aug 20, 2004
  7. JD

    Alan G Guest

    Anyway it is well known that cat entrails are more accurate, cheaper
    and the use makes gardeners happy.

    Alan G, Aug 20, 2004
  8. JD

    JD Guest

    I'm not able to make it to the store because I don't have a car at the
    moment :-(
    The largest I have is 700MB media.

    JD, Aug 20, 2004