! How do you converst an ISO file to a file that can be extracted to my hard drive, and installed t

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gabriel Rapture, Sep 2, 2006.

  1. Hey there,

    I'm looking to learn Spanish. It seems they are taking over America so
    I need to be ready when they get here.

    I have an ISO of this incredible program, "Rosetta Stone" which will
    teach me how to speak Spanish.

    Also since I only have a older read write CD-ROM and not a DVD. I
    won't be able to convert this file to a CD.

    What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information and
    change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and run from
    there?

    The greedy, devilish, immoral, unethical, highway robbing, needs of
    the few outweigh the critical life sustaining needs of the many,
    or the one.

    GHWB

    Gabriel Rapture, Sep 2, 2006

  2. Gabriel Rapture

    Mike Easter Guest

    Tons of shareware programs. You'll have to search them to find a free
    one.

    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/avi-convert-iso.html

    Some extractors will open/extract iso/s

    Mike Easter, Sep 2, 2006

  3. Gabriel Rapture

    Bert Hyman Guest

    Microsoft has an unsupported utility which you can point at an ISO
    file and it will allow you to access files on it as if it was in a drive:

    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...d58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe

    Bert Hyman, Sep 2, 2006
  4. Gabriel Rapture

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter, Sep 2, 2006
  5. Gabriel Rapture

    doS Guest

    right click, extract to...........

    doS, Sep 2, 2006
  6. When? I already have to press a button on the phone to hear some menus
    in English. When is now.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 2, 2006
  7. Gabriel Rapture

    Pennywise Guest

    I use dameon tools for this
    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php

    You mount your iso image and it's a virtual CD

    Pennywise, Sep 3, 2006
  8. Gabriel Rapture

    Flyer Guest

    grab a copy of either Winrar or Isobuster.

    P.

    Flyer, Sep 3, 2006
  9. Gabriel Rapture

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Write CD Read Only?
    Use the write ability to burn the ISO to CD, or use Winrar or ISO buster.
    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    Barry OGrady, Sep 3, 2006
  10. Gabriel Rapture

    Fat Ass Fred Guest

    Or MagicISO, which allows you to add custom boot sectors that'll boot
    multiple operating systems and put a menu up, etc.... Or even better,
    PURCHASE A LEGAL COPY OF THE PROGRAM.....

    Fat Ass Fred, Sep 3, 2006
  11. Gabriel Rapture

    cuntbubble Guest

    Does WinRAR extract files from ISOs? I once used ISObuster, but now
    use PowerISO - it allows one to either extract the files or mount the
    ISO - quality.
    www.poweriso.com/
    ___ _
    / __\ _ _ _ __ | |_