    Skype username. Since I cannot change it and will no longer use it, I
    want it canceled but can't figure out how to? I tried contacting Skype
    but haven't gotten back any response.

    nycasioman, Aug 16, 2005

  2. nycasioman

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Looking at the help files it says that an account will expire after 180
    days of not being used. Just forget about it.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 16, 2005

  3. nycasioman

    nycasioman Guest

    Actually the 180 day expiration only applies to SkypeOut minutes.
    There is also a time limitation after which a SkypeIn number expires.
    What I want to cancel is my Skype Name. I found I can delete it from
    my computer but I want also to cancel the account in Skype's database.

    nycasioman, Aug 17, 2005
  4. nycasioman

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Ah, I missed that. Don't know then, have you tried emailing them..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 17, 2005
  5. nycasioman

    nycasioman Guest

    inactivity. The account is reactivated on the next sign in, assuming
    you sign in with the old (or existing) Skype name. If I delete the
    Skype name from your computer and don't use it to sign in, the
    account is and remains canceled. I haven't tested it yet, but it
    looks like that's how it works.

    nycasioman, Aug 17, 2005
  6. nycasioman

    MaxUp78

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    ..It says here the whole procedure to clear your profile in searches, the cancellation itself however does not seem possible..
    [tecnics.it/en/news/v_guides-and-insights/internet/skype/delete-a-skype-account]

    MaxUp78, Aug 4, 2010