    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I've had that one for every year I can remember :p Funny though, I never saw where I did actually "apply myself". Maybe it just meant "Congratulations, you actually passed."

    XhArD, Mar 29, 2006

  2. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hehehe, I think it's just one of those expressions that you're forced to use when you get your teaching license. It's like you take an oath "Do you swear to use the words "apply yourself" on report cards frequently?" And if they don't say yes they get stuck being substitute teachers for all time.

    The Modfather, Mar 29, 2006

  3. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    thats why substitute teachers OWN, we had one, she did our assignment for us :)

    unholy, Mar 29, 2006
  4. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    They don't care though, they get paid less, none of the benifits and all that and have to deal with students they don't know and won't get to know. So they just breeze through.

    The Modfather, Mar 29, 2006
  5. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I know some kids that breeze though school......natha...oh, never mind.

    bigal, Mar 30, 2006
  6. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    We know he breezes through his English class, that much is for sure.

    The Modfather, Mar 30, 2006
  7. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    English, well lets just say english is the 2nd worst subject :p

    it goes, Physics/Maths/Chem/Graphics, English, SOR :)

    unholy, Mar 30, 2006
  8. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    SOR? That anything like SQR? SQL? What the heck is SOR?

    And graphics? You have a class for graphics? And you're NOT good in it? Weird.

    The Modfather, Mar 30, 2006
  9. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Graphical Design, its just called Graphics :p

    SOR is no way like SQL, 1. its not structure, 2. its not a Query, its a pain in the ass, 3. It is no way a single language :p

    by the way its called Study Of Religion

    unholy, Mar 30, 2006
  10. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Yeah, we go to a Catholic school. I ended up with the best SOR teacher ever, my Pastoral Care teacher Mr Walsh :) Pastorl Care is like, Home Room or whatever, you go there for 15 minutes at the start and end of each day. Me n my mate Dan just lean back against the wall all lesson while he talks :) Same with my History teacher, we're in a Library Annex, so we have air conditioning, slightly more comfortable chairs, and it's darker. Add that to a teacher who really loves the sound of his own voice, and I get a good 75 minutes of sleep :) Either that or I just listen to music all lesson.

    XhArD, Mar 31, 2006
  11. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    You so fukn lucky i orta beat u with a stick, and whats with ur not coming to school?

    unholy, Mar 31, 2006
  12. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    caught a cold, then had an asthma attack on thursday. couldnt breathe without coughing crap up.

    XhArD, Mar 31, 2006
  13. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I went to catholic school from first grade through to my Ph.D. so I understand quite well. Didn't call it SOR though, it was just religion class or catechism in grade school.

    The Modfather, Mar 31, 2006
  14. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Yeah, the only reason ours is called SOR is because we have a choice of two subjects: SOR, or ST; Systematic Theology. ST is just the easy religion, you do bugger all in it but it doesn't go toward our OP. Don't suppose you would have the same thing over there, can't remember quite how to explain it. Basically the lower your OP is, the better. If you have a good OP, you can get into good universities and uni courses.

    XhArD, Mar 31, 2006
  15. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sounds like the SAT's, that's a test HS students take here to determine how they'll be placed in college. But they're severely flawed.

    The Modfather, Mar 31, 2006
  16. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I thought it mighta been like SATs, but i wasnt sure if they were something you got straight out of highschool or if u had to go to uni or whatever.

    XhArD, Mar 31, 2006
  17. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    No you usually take yer SAT's in Senior year of HS.

    The Modfather, Apr 1, 2006
  18. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Is it...

    ....Dr. Modfather? What's your Ph.D. in?:hmm2:

    bigal, Apr 1, 2006
  19. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Parapsychology believe it or not. :)

    The Modfather, Apr 1, 2006
  20. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Wait a minute. Are you attempting to read my mind when you say, "believe it or not"? [​IMG]

    bigal, Apr 1, 2006