    that I keep, I look to use when I bookmark to make finding the URL
    references much more quickly.

    Thanks.

    S.Rodgers, Aug 14, 2006

  2. S.Rodgers

    Mumia W. Guest

    Firefox's cache, which is in its profile, probably would
    contain the icon. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile

    Mumia W., Aug 15, 2006

  3. S.Rodgers

    S.Rodgers Guest

    Hi, thanks for responding. Sorry, I should have mentioned that I
    tried the same trick in FF way back but that each time no luck, hence
    this post. Here's an example of what's in my cache now:

    _CACHE_001_
    _CACHE_002_
    _CACHE_003_
    _CACHE_MAP_

    Unlike the temporary internet folder and like in Netscape's cache from
    years ago when I used it, you can't tell what the content is.

    So, my original question still stands. Where can we extract the
    icons? Anyone know? Thanks.

    S.Rodgers, Aug 16, 2006
  4. S.Rodgers

    Ralph Fox Guest

    Instead of using Windows Explorer to look in Firefox's cache,
    enter this URL in Firefox's URL bar

    about:cache?device=disk

    Look for a cache entry for the icon. For example...

    | Key: http://en.wikipedia.org/favicon.ico
    | Data size: 318 bytes
    | Fetch count: 2
    | Last modified: 2006-08-17 20:29:41
    | Expires: 2006-08-28 14:37:45

    If you find it, click on the link which will bring up
    another page with more information

    | key: http://en.wikipedia.org/favicon.ico
    | fetch count: 3
    | last fetched: 2006-08-17 20:59:40
    | last modified: 2006-08-17 20:29:41
    | expires: 2006-08-28 14:37:45
    | Data size: 318
    | file on disk: none
    | Security: This document does not have any security info associated with it.

    On this second page, right-click on the link and choose
    "Save Link As..." from the context menu.

    If you want to save the icon from your cache instead of
    re-fetching it from the web, first endure Firefox is
    in "offline" mode ("File -> Work Offline") and then
    save the icon as above.

    You can save from cache even when it says "file on disk: none".

    HTH HAND

    Ralph Fox, Aug 17, 2006
  5. S.Rodgers

    Mumia W. Guest

    I hadn't looked into that. Here's another method: go into page
    info, click on the "Media" tab, find an item of type "Icon"
    and click the "Save As" button.

    Mumia W., Aug 18, 2006
  6. S.Rodgers

    S.Rodgers Guest

    Thanks for all the responses! I've tried everything so far. The
    funny thing is that the icon _still_ doesn't appear. Wonder why this
    is so??

    Anywo, I didn't know the above so I'll go through the steps as if you
    don't know where this "Page Info" is, it's a pain to search for it
    <g>.

    TOOLS > PAGE INFO > tab labelled "MEDIA".

    Where is this "Save As" feature, pls? I don't see it anywhere.

    Thanks and cheers. :eek:D

    S.Rodgers, Aug 18, 2006
  7. S.Rodgers

    S.Rodgers Guest

    SORRY, never mind! The first time I opened this feature, the bottom
    half of the box was completely blank. The second time, I have a
    preview screen and a SAVE AS button on the bottomr right of the box.

    Thanks and pls ignore the above question. :eek:D

    S.Rodgers, Aug 18, 2006