How do I use use TOR.exe web proxy on windows?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by MiLi, Oct 28, 2004.

  1. MiLi

    MiLi Guest

    Note: From thread 'Recommend webproxy service'

    I downloaded the web proxy client, tor-0081.exe, from
    http://www.freehaven.net/tor/

    I also installed openssc 0.97 which is evidently required for windows.
    (I use win98se). Also I copied these two dlls:-

    libeay32.dll
    ssleay32.dll

    into the same folder.

    But when I double-click on tor-0081.exe, all that happens is that I get
    an error message.

    "The TOR-081 exefile is linked to missing export LIBEAy32.dll:3212"

    If I remove libeay32.dll then tor-0081.exe complains that it's missing
    libeay32.dll.

    Any help appreciated.

    MiLi, Oct 28, 2004

  2. MiLi

    Vanguardx Guest

    I don't know anything about the products you are asking about or if they
    provide any automated installation or if you have to do it all manually.
    However, it may be that the proxy makes a call using an entry point in
    the DLL file, so it expects that DLL to be registered to know where to
    find it. Do the instructions anywhere tell you to registery the DLLs?

    regsvr32 libeay32.dll
    regsvr32 ssleay32.dll

    Vanguardx, Oct 28, 2004

  3. MiLi

    MiLi Guest

    No unfortunately they don't. I guess I could try to use the command line
    (as above) to see if I can get it working that way. Thanks for the
    advice. Will report back if successful, otherwise assume it didn't work
    :-(

    MiLi, Oct 29, 2004