    the ISO of the 64-bit from microsoft or somethin? Because I know the fee will
    be more than 10 bucks and it wont be worth it and it will probably take 3
    weeks.

    Guest, Feb 16, 2007

  2. Guest

    Theo Guest

    You must contact Gateway for your update. Any other path of
    upgrading will most likely void your Gateway warranty and
    terminate your Tech Support from Gateway since your system
    has a Gateway OEM version installed. The Microsoft web
    site is for customers with Retail versions of Vista.

    Theo, Feb 16, 2007

  3. Gateway is your only source for 64 bit unless you are willing to pay full
    price.
    You get that message at the Microsoft site because you have OEM and your OEM
    and not Microsoft support it.
    People who purchase Home Premium retail have an option to get 64 bit but
    that is not an option for OEM.
    One of the many reasons you paid less for the OEM.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Feb 16, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I talked to gateway, they said they dont support 64-bit Vistas.. could I ask
    Ms for a 64-bit Vista Hoem Premium OEM? I dont care if its retail or not, I
    jsut need my Vista in 64-bit, and honestly I do not want to a copu of vista
    when I already have one.

    Guest, Feb 17, 2007
  5. Guest

    Jane C Guest

    I'm afraid that the only way forward for you is to either buy an x64 OEM
    copy from either a local reseller or online, or an upgrade copy of Home
    Premium. If you buy an upgrade copy, then you will still have to send off
    for the x64 DVD at extra cost. If you are prepared to be your own support,
    buy the x64 OEM version. A lot of resellers have OEM in stock, or on order.

    Jane C, Feb 17, 2007
  6. You are not a Microsoft customer so there is no point in asking Microsoft.
    If you want Vista 64 bit, it seems you will have to buy it.

    If you are still in the return time, return the computer to Gateway and
    purchase a computer the way you want it.
    Consider a local computer store that is well able to give you what you want.
    If you return it, let Gateway know what you bought, from who and why.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Feb 17, 2007
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Ive decided tomorrow I will be returning this PC back to the shop and build
    my own PC with a Duo2 Core T6300, and the nice thing about it is its very
    easy to overclock. The guy mentioned overclocking his to 3.2 GHz, and i asked
    him about wut mobo he had so I'm getting the same so hopefully I can get some
    good results as well.

    Guest, Feb 18, 2007
  8. Guest

    Dshai Guest

    A minor thought here, and I guess a case of the "pot callin' the kettle
    black", as I sit behind a mildly overclocked AMD64 I warn you to remember
    that overclocking can shorten the life of your hardware, make sure you pay
    close attention to your system and cpu temps, your cooling becomes
    increasingly important as you look for speed. Also realise that you may be
    replacing parts much quicker even than you predict, it can be an expensive
    game to play. Just a friendly warning...;o)

    Dshai, Feb 18, 2007
  9. And don't report troubles here without first disabling the overclock and
    verifying that it is still a problem. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 18, 2007
  10. Guest

    BSchnur Guest

    And don't report troubles here without first disabling the overclock and
    Ya think?? <smile>.

    BSchnur, Feb 18, 2007
  11. Guest

    Dshai Guest

    A valid point Charlie, and one I did follow when I had problems I had to ask
    about...;o)

    Dshai, Feb 20, 2007
  12. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    What about the video cards that come oc'd. My latest had the chip oc'd and
    included co in the part #.

    John Barnes, Feb 20, 2007
  13. if the mfg builds in OC, and they support it, I'm fine with it. If it has
    problems, talk to the support team for the mfg.

    My point was that many, many problems can be caused by overclocking, and
    expecting us to troubleshoot a system that is overclocked and unstable as a
    result doesn't make sense. Instead, turn it down for long enough to
    determine if it's the OC causing the problem, or something else.

    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 20, 2007
  14. Yes, you did. And we appreciate it. :)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 20, 2007