How do I undelete missing exif data?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jak bute, Jul 10, 2010.

  1. jak bute

    jak bute Guest

    jak bute, Jul 10, 2010

  2. jak bute

    tony cooper Guest

    If they are yours, you have the original photos. Remove the altered
    photos and replace them.

    tony cooper, Jul 10, 2010

  3. Then shoot the physchopath!

    Orak Listalavostok, Jul 10, 2010
  4. jak bute

    krishnananda Guest

    Questions:

    1. Did you post these photos to these sites or did the psychopaths?
    1.(a) If not you, did you complain to the hosting site & request
    their removal?

    2. Do you have the original images, with EXIF, stored locally?
    2.(a) If so just re-post the images with the data intact.
    2.(b) If not then you can't re-recreate the data.

    3. Did you make the panoramas in Photoshop, which removes EXIF data in
    certain circumstances?
    3.(a) If so do you have the original images used to make the panos?
    3.(b) If so you still may have to re-enter the data since the final
    image is a composite and the data applies to one file at a time (I think)

    krishnananda, Jul 10, 2010
  5. jak bute

    Jacob L Guest

    Now why on earth would anyone want to steal those. I feel ripped-off just
    by wasting my time in going to view them to see what the fuss was about.
    How can anyone steal something that has no value to begin with.

    Jacob L, Jul 10, 2010
  6. jak bute

    GMAN Guest

    Kill the thiefs first!

    GMAN, Jul 11, 2010
  7. jak bute

    Martin Brown Guest

    Basically you cannot. But presumably you have the original full
    resolution images from which the online versions were made?

    It is quite likely that in a composite panorama image the Exif data will
    be stripped since exposures and time date stamps will vary.
    If you are the copyright owner then you should still have the original
    full resolution panorama to prove it. The image quality on the copies
    you have pointed to is poor. I have occasionally been alerted to people
    using my images to sell things on eBay by folk who recognised one of my
    plants! Most people will desist infringing copyright if asked to do so.

    Showing the hosting site one of the original full images complete with
    all ex-camera EXIF information should be sufficient proof.

    The images you pointed to are of relatively low resolution and heavily
    JPEG compressed with optimised Huffman tables and IJG Q=75 (exactly) for
    luminance and Q~74 (symmetric, and not exact) for chrominance. This may
    well identify the tools last used to compress it for web display.
    The question posed by the OP shows a profound misunderstanding of how
    digital data works. It isn't there any more so it cannot be undeleted.

    Regards,
    Martin Brown

    Martin Brown, Jul 12, 2010
  8. I could put it back but I enjoyed hacking the GPS info out of it.

    *LOL*

    Ari Silverstein, Jul 12, 2010