How do I type British Pound sign ?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Edwardonthewebb, Nov 27, 2003.

  1. thanks in advance
    Edwardonthewebb, Nov 27, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. Edwardonthewebb

    Pepperoni Guest



    program/accessories/system tools/character map
    Pepperoni, Nov 28, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  3. £

    The £ is an ASCII symbol, along with many other symbols . All are
    generated by pressing and holding the ALT with the left hand while a short code, (e.g. 1,5,6) is typed in on the keypad with
    the right hand. The ALT key is then released and *voila* the £ symbol appears


    Mike the Kiwi
    Mike the Kiwi, Nov 28, 2003
  4. Edwardonthewebb

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    ALT + 0163
    Oldus Fartus, Nov 28, 2003
  5. Edwardonthewebb

    joey jo jo Guest

    shift plus number 3
    | thanks in advance
    joey jo jo, Dec 5, 2003
  6. Edwardonthewebb

    mcp6453 Guest

    On my keyboard, I have to press ALT 0163.
    mcp6453, Dec 5, 2003
  7. Edwardonthewebb

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    No. Only if you have a UK keyboard layout.
    Oldus Fartus, Dec 6, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.