How do I turn off the status bar using javascript in Firefox?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Brian Scott, Nov 26, 2005.

  1. Brian Scott

    Brian Scott Guest

    Hi,

    I've only just started using Firefox.

    This is from the Firefox Info ..
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5

    function openNewSMWindow(url, wid, het) {
    window.open(url,"",wid + ',' + het +',scrollbars=no,scrolling=no,resizable=no,status=no,toolbar=no,location=no');

    I've been using the above script to open windows with Safari and I get a clean window with only a drag bar at the top
    and no other window ornaments.

    With Firefox I get a status bar at the bottom and can't get rid of it.

    How do I turn off the status bar using j.s.?

    Thanks
    Brian

    Brian Scott, Nov 26, 2005

  2. Brian Scott

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:32:57 +0800, in message
    Go to "Edit -> Preferences -> Web Features" or "Tools -> Options -> Web Features"
    (OS dependent), and next to "Enable Javascript" click the "Advanced" button.
    A pop-up settings box labelled "Advanced Javascript Options" will appear.

    In the pop-up settings box labelled "Advanced Javascript Options"
    you do not have a check-mark in the box

    ---Allow scripts to---
    [ ] Hide the status bar
    Put a check mark in the above setting.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    You don't win wars by dying for your country.
    You win by making the other poor bastard die for his country.

    Ralph Fox, Nov 26, 2005

  3. That's right, Brian!

    You can't just hide something in Firefox unless the person viewing the
    site allows you to.

    Firefox puts the user back in charge of things... There are other
    options in the same place too, check it out!

    HackerOfMinds, Nov 27, 2005