    to have printed ..

    thanks

    janet

    venus6152, Sep 10, 2005

  2. venus6152

    Charles Guest

    You really need to work with the person/place that is going to do the
    printing. If they want the full resolution picture, you could chop it
    up with winrar, then they can put it back together on their end.
    Otherwise, compress it to what the receiving party wants.

    Charles, Sep 10, 2005

  3. venus6152

    Jim Townsend Guest

    You *can* shrink images from 22MB to 200Kb using JPEG, but
    the resulting images will be poor.

    JPEG discards color information in order to achieve it's high
    compression ratios. The images will have color banding and
    artifacts... (Distortion at the junction of light/dark areas).

    However, if you can get away with larger files, shrinking a 22MB TIFF
    to a 4MB or 5MB JPEG will work quite well. That's within JPEG's
    capabilities and you will have to look very hard to see the difference.

    Jim Townsend, Sep 10, 2005
  4. You want to have your cake and eat it too.

    Sorry, but something has to give. The question is can you produce a
    print the size you want with a 211kb file. We don't know how large you want
    to print your photo. I would suggest asking what they have seen work best
    in their experience. To some extent the best choice may be determined by
    the equipment they are using to print with.

    Maybe you could just burn a CD and mail it to them or bring it someplace
    local?

    Joseph Meehan, Sep 10, 2005