How do I setup FreeCall on a Fritzbox 7050?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by templecloud, Mar 4, 2007.

  1. templecloud

    templecloud

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Somerset, UK
    Apologies if this is a really obvious question! Tonight I registered for an account with FreeCall, paid my £10, and then tried to add the account to my Fritzbox according to the instructions on the FreeCall site. It says:

    But the problem is that the Fritzbox requires a phone number in the "Internet number" field and will not accept a username. I've read through the manual etc but can't see how to get around this.

    Can anyone help me? The only solution I've come up with so far is to buy an incoming/outgoing number from Voxbone, or similar. But that will prove absurdly expensive - and I only opened the FreeCAll account for free and cheap calls!

    I currently have a fixed line and three Sipgate numbers set up on the FB 7050.

    Many thanks!

    TC

    templecloud, Mar 4, 2007

  2. templecloud

    templecloud

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Somerset, UK
    Well, I think I've solved this one with the help of a Russian forum!
    http://translate.google.com/transla...refox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&hs=PML

    All you have to do is put "0000" or something similar in the "internet number" field so that the Fritz.box is happy and all the other settings establish your connection to FreeCall. It appears to work from my single latenight test!

    So simple after all!

    Now I just need to stop the incoming sound cutting out on fixed line calls (other post)...

    TC
    :star:

    templecloud, Mar 5, 2007