    certain files update themselves over the wireless network, an example would
    be if I add pictures or videos to one computer is it possible that they can
    be automaticlly added to the other over the wireless network? Thanks!

    Guest, Oct 10, 2006

  2. Guest

    David Hettel Guest

    You might want to take a look at this page;
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html Microsoft use to have a free power toy
    called sync this would do what you want. You might try googling on Sync
    Power toy.

    --
    David Hettel

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    confers no rights

    David Hettel, Oct 10, 2006

  3. Guest

    Lem Guest

    You're thinking of SyncToy,
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/synctoy.mspx,
    which allows the synchronization of files over a network connection.
    It's not automatic. I don't know if it can easily be automated because
    in normal use, at least, it has a UI that requires some interaction, and
    I don't know if it has a command line interface that would be amenable
    to scripting and/or scheduling. As with all MS PowerToys, Microsoft
    Technical Support does not support SyncToy. For more details and help
    with SyncToy, ask in microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos

    Lem, Oct 11, 2006