    Where does XP Home keep this info, and how do I amend/delete it? Also, a tad
    off topic, but does the same apply to wired (LAN) and Dial-Up Networking? I'd
    appreciate any help/advice. Thanks.

    Guest, Jan 27, 2006

  2. Guest

    ato_zee Guest

    Moving my USB network adapter to a different USB socket on the same
    PC produced Wireless Connection 2 (and more) with putting other devices
    on the same USB ports. So much for hot swapping USB devices, like camera,
    wireless adapter, Lexar USB stick.
    I just right click, rename, get rid of the number, and the irritation is fixed.
    Have found no ill effects from these phantom connectoids, if they still exist.

    ..

    ato_zee, Jan 27, 2006