    expired. I have used the beta version throughout the 360 day evaluation
    period without any major problems. I have purchased the new x64 OEM version
    and I'm not sure how to proceed.

    Guest, Dec 3, 2005

  2. The best way to proceed is to insert the OEM CD into your drive, and do a
    fresh install into the same partition as the beta version was on. Make sure
    you've got all your drivers in hand -- storage drivers, for one, changed
    substantailly POST RC1. Drivers that worked during the beta fail in the RTM.
    But updated drivers are available -- you just need to have them ahead of
    time.

    Once the CD boots, delete the partition and recreate it, or just tell the
    installer to install to the same drive, and then do a format of the drive
    before the actual install. You really don't want any traces of the beta code
    lingering around.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 3, 2005