How do I remove a trunk link?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by rebelangel151, Dec 15, 2005.

  1. Call me stupid, but I cannot figure out how to get this removed from my
    config:

    clear trunk 1/1 1-4094
    set trunk 1/1 off dot1q
    clear trunk 1/2 1-4094
    set trunk 1/2 auto dot1q
    clear trunk 1/3 1-4094
    set trunk 1/3 auto dot1q
    clear trunk 1/4 1-4094
    set trunk 1/4 auto dot1q
    clear trunk 1/5 1-4094
    set trunk 1/5 auto dot1q
    clear trunk 1/6 1-4094
    set trunk 1/6 auto dot1q
    clear trunk 1/7 1-4094
    set trunk 1/7 auto dot1q
    clear trunk 1/8 1-4094
    set trunk 1/8 auto dot1q
    clear trunk 1/9 1-4094

    Those are ethernet ports that I just want to look like the other
    modules in the 6509.

    #module 2 : 48-port 10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet
    set module name 2 CAT5-48-2
    set vlan 130 2/1-48

    Thanks in advance.

    -Jason

    rebelangel151, Dec 15, 2005

  2. Why don't you use the "set port host 2/1-48" command? Also, you can use
    "range" in your comands, for example "set trunk 1/1-9 off dot1q"?

    Mike
    www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com

    CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com, Dec 15, 2005

  3. Hi Mike,

    I tried the "set port host" command, but I still see the set trunk and
    clear trunk stuff in my config... I know I can use a range, but what I
    need to know is how to get rid of that stuff and basically put the
    module back to a default state.

    Thanks for the help.

    -Jason

    rebelangel151, Dec 15, 2005
  4. On 15.12.2005 23:35 wrote
    Try something like

    set trunk 1/1-48 1-4094

    same for dot1q.

    Basically you have to find out what the default is and just set the
    default. That will make go away additional config statements.

    But if it's only for cosmetic I wouldn't care. Why?

    Arnold

    Arnold Nipper, Dec 15, 2005
  5. rebelangel151

    Newbie72 Guest

    I think it is set trunk mode off.... That will remove a port from
    trunking mode.

    Happy Holidays

    Steven Johnson

    Newbie72, Dec 16, 2005
  6. rebelangel151

    Make Guest

    show config all (shows all default config +)
    clear config 1 (module number)

    Make, Dec 17, 2005