  1. URAQT2

    URAQT2 Guest

    How do I move all of me bookmarks from Netscape to Firefox?

    URAQT2, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Which version of Netscape?

    In NC4.x, the bookmarks file is called bookmark.htm. Copy it, paste it
    into your FIrefox prfoile folder. Dlete the existing bookmarks.html,
    (or better, rename it to bookmarks.old, just in case) and rename your
    Netscape bookmarks to bookmarks.html.

    In Netscape 6 and up, the bookmarks file is already called
    bookmarks.html. You can copy it, and paste it in, letting it overwrite
    the existing bookmarks fokder, or, rename the existing foder as above,
    before pasting.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 23, 2004

  3. URAQT2

    URAQT2 Guest

    My old browser is Netscape 4.79.

    Please excuse my ignorance Lee, but I have not been able to find a
    Firefox profile folder on Drive D, where I have Firefox, or on Drive C.

    URAQT2, Feb 23, 2004
  4. URAQT2

    URAQT2 Guest

    Got it in Bookmarks/Manage Bookmarks/Import.
    Whoopeeeeeee!!!!

    Thanks Lee.

    URAQT2, Feb 23, 2004
  5. Your UA indicates TB, which, stupidly does not indicate the OS, other
    then windows.

    In 98/ME, C:\Windows\Application Data\Phoenix\

    In NT/XP, C:\Documents & Settings\(username)\Application Data\Phoenix\

    The original name for the mozilla.org standalone browser was Phoenix.
    Since many folks, like myself, began testing it when it was named that,
    they left the profile information in the old folder, rather then
    invalidate our profiles.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 23, 2004