    I used to be able to list all my files in a folder to a text file using
    win98.

    How do I do that with windows vista? Thanks Ray

    donzdorf, Dec 30, 2007

  2. donzdorf

    Pennywise Guest

    You can use Karen's Directory Printer (it also saves as a file)
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

    Pennywise, Dec 30, 2007

  3. donzdorf

    richard Guest

    Highlight the files you want to list, hold down the shift key and
    right click.
    Select "Copy as path".
    This will not copy the information shown with the files, just the
    path.

    richard, Dec 30, 2007
  4. donzdorf

    richard Guest

    Well at least she's keeping it current.
    Still insists on requiring VB though.
    Maybe I'll work on something using Liberty Basic and see if I can
    conjur up a working program similar to it.

    richard, Dec 30, 2007
  5. donzdorf

    chuckcar Guest

    same as the only way that one should: with dos. Which by the way has
    *not* been made obsolete, as dos is an acronym for Disk Operating
    System, not a command shell.

    start->programs->msdos prompt

    cd c:\<full path to files>
    dir >filelist.txt
    exit

    you will have a list of that directory in filelist.txt.

    chuckcar, Dec 30, 2007
  6. donzdorf

    W Guest

    Install a copy of Firefox and drag the folder you want to list into the
    address bar.

    W, Dec 30, 2007
  7. donzdorf

    G. Morgan Guest

    Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

    Or:

    Start -> Run -> 'cmd' <enter>

    G. Morgan, Dec 30, 2007
  8. donzdorf

    Lookout Guest

    Lookout, Dec 30, 2007
  9. donzdorf

    VanguardLH Guest

    Open a command prompt (DOS shell) and enter "tree /?" to get help on
    using that program.

    VanguardLH, Dec 30, 2007
  10. donzdorf

    chuckcar Guest

    Right. MS does *love* moving things around and changing their names for
    no good reason, don't they.

    chuckcar, Dec 31, 2007
  11. donzdorf

    AllanIsKing

    Joined:
    May 20, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Directory Report

    Try Directory Report file-utilities.com
    It can print simple reports - file names only
    or detailed reports - filenames and many file attributes

    AllanIsKing, Jul 2, 2009