    I have a linsys wireless router. Some of the users are abusing the bandwidth
    making it difficult for others to surf the internet. Is there any way to set
    limits to each user so that nobody ends up using too much of the internet.

    Guest, Dec 14, 2005

  2. Hi

    You have two basic options.
    1. Computer level control, see here, http://www.ezlan.net/monitor.html
    2. Hardware with QQS control.
    This option is available on, D-Link DGL-4300, or by using Linksys WRT54G
    v1,to v4 (NA in v5) with 3rd party firmware.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 15, 2005

  3. Guest

    Lem Guest

    Probably. Check out the forums at http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php

    If you're persistent, you can probably find someone there who can
    explain to you how to do it.

    Of course, the brute force way to do it with a stock Linksys router is
    to limit the abusers to certain time periods only. Or you can block
    certain websites or services (like FTP). See the "access restrictions"
    tab on the router configuration pages. But the customized firmware and
    other apps & knowledge from linksysinfo will be probably lead to a more
    elegant solution.

    Lem, Dec 16, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the response

    Guest, Dec 16, 2005
  5. Guest

    anssparacha

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    How do I limit the bandwidth to each user on the wireless router? Reply to Thread

    i am using dlink DWR-113 router how can i am using bandwidth ???plz help me i am so tired.my cuzn used on laptop when he used my speed is down so i am try whose ip gets only a fix speed so plz help me

    anssparacha, Jun 14, 2012