    the bandwidth alloted to secondary computer frm the main pc. Both
    computers are running WinXP SP2. Is there a way to achieve this? Thank
    you.

    Avi, Jul 16, 2009

  2. Avi

    why? Guest

    So is this the local bandwidth between your p2p PCs or the secondary not
    swamping your internet link?

    If it's not p2p (file sharing) and your internet link, what is it you
    need to limit application / type of traffic?
    It's bandwidth for sharing apps and not an overall speed issue? No point
    up grading from whetever speed nic's you have?
    Most of the time it's used sharing an internet/isp link between multiple
    PCs. In that case you need a router/modem with QoS, configure the
    application / bandwidth on router/PCs.

    If your modem/router doesn't support QoS then don't configure the PCs
    for it either.

    Past posts in 24HSHD,
    have mentioned QoS , needs to be configured on both ends of a link.

    http://www.dslreports.com/faq/3688
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316666
    http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=158
    http://forums.techarena.in/networking-security/1075493.htm