    the local walmart to get my oil changed. How do I know they really did
    it properly? My youngest son use to do this for me, but I just don't
    know how to tell if it is being done properly.

    Kittrena, Sep 30, 2006

  2. Kittrena

    Gordon Guest

    You can't change oil "improperly"...you either change it or you don't. Look
    at the dipstick - should be nice and clear if it's new oil.....

    Gordon, Sep 30, 2006

  3. Kittrena

    George Guest

    You are at the mercy of some high school kids that don't know anything about
    cars. Walmart could care less about their customer base. An oil change is
    not rocket science, but I check their work every time. Sometimes they leave
    the dipstick out, the oil filler cap off and very seldom do they grease all
    the zerks. At some point they will probably forget to tighten the drain
    plug after screwing it in finger tight. A complaint at walmart will get you
    a polite response but nothing will change. You would be better off not
    using a oil change "chain" - jiffy, sears, walmart, and a slew of others.
    Take your car to "Joe's corner garage." Have all your maintenance done by a
    guy that actually works for a living and cares about the customers he
    serves.

    George, Sep 30, 2006
  4. Kittrena

    GR Guest

    You mean "couldn't care less".

    GR, Sep 30, 2006
  5. Kittrena

    George Guest

    Exactly. Sorry for my slip.

    George, Sep 30, 2006
  6. Kittrena

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, Kittrena Wrote The Following:
    You may want to try the local dealer for the car that you own, there
    you will need to be watchful of unnecessary repairs. There is a
    crook on every corner these days.

    Old Gringo, Sep 30, 2006
  7. Kittrena

    Frosty Guest

    I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on 30 Sep 2006
    05:09:04 -0700, and who should I see posting but "Kittrena"
    <>! I could scarely believe "Kittrena"
    It may seem ridiculous to say, but if your car is foreign make sure
    they have metric tools

    Frosty, Sep 30, 2006
  8. Kittrena

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, Frosty Wrote The Following:
    I just looked at the headers, @aol.com, so the car is probably a
    Rambler. <g>

    Old Gringo, Sep 30, 2006
  9. Kittrena

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Sep 30, 2006
  10. Kittrena

    Earl Grey Guest

    Actually, these days American cars have lots of metric sized stuff on
    them...

    Earl Grey, Sep 30, 2006
  11. Kittrena

    steve Guest

    It reminds me that I was once given a metric adjustable spanner. It
    was a few minutes before I got the joke.

    steve, Sep 30, 2006
  12. Kittrena

    Gordon Guest

    But was it left-handed?

    Gordon, Sep 30, 2006
  13. Kittrena

    richard Guest

    Forget walmart. Use one of those 10 minute oil change places.
    At least in those you can stand near your car and watch them do the job.
    As this is the only thing they do, they don't want to do it wrong while you
    watch.
    Or learn to do it yourself. Get the oil and filters you need and pay a kid
    $15 to do it.

    richard, Sep 30, 2006
  14. Kittrena

    Kittrena Guest

    I didn't expect so many answers. I think I'll try the dealer, they seem
    to have a lot of nice people there.

    Kittrena, Sep 30, 2006
  15. Kittrena

    Pennywise Guest

    As mention'd clean oil on the dip stick (at the proper level), and a
    bright new oil filter.

    Pennywise, Sep 30, 2006
  16. Kittrena

    ian field Guest

    Or the apprentice plumber - given a bag of ring spanners.....

    ian field, Sep 30, 2006
  17. Kittrena

    me Guest

    I was going to do that but you beat me to it. A lot of people say that,don't
    know why !

    me, Oct 1, 2006
  18. Kittrena

    me Guest

    \They are only nice when they are taking your money,or trying to sell you
    something you don't need.

    me, Oct 1, 2006
  19. Kittrena

    ian field Guest

    .................and only employ people who could sell salt to slugs!

    ian field, Oct 1, 2006
  20. Kittrena

    GR Guest

    These days a lot of people incorrectly say "could care less" and "loose" when
    they mean "lose". I fear they will become real replacements in the future due
    to such widespread use, which is quite sad really.

    GR, Oct 1, 2006