How do I keep mp3's in track order when burning?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Arawak, Dec 14, 2004.

  1. Arawak

    Arawak Guest

    How do I keep mp3's in track order when burning?
    When I try to use Nero to burn language tracks it puts then in numeric
    order...eg
    Track 1.mpg
    Track 10.mpg
    Track 11.mpg
    Track 2.mpg
    Track 20.mpg
    Track 21.mpg

    INSTEAD OF

    Track 1.mpg
    Track 2.mpg
    etc

    How can I make sure the tracks are burnt in the correct order/sequence
    in Nero or is there a better program to use for burning these type of
    files?

    Thanks in advance,
    Arawak

    Arawak, Dec 14, 2004

  2. Arawak

    Bill P Guest

    Number them 01,02,03,04 etc.

    Bill P, Dec 14, 2004

  3. Arawak

    dadiOH Guest

    That's because computers (and computer programs) have the brains of
    toasters. Or we do, I forget which.

    Anyway, sorts are by the ASCII value *OF* the characters rather than the
    meaning attributed to them by humans. Therefore, Nero was sorting it
    properly...just as you told it to.

    As Bill P said, sorta, you need to have the same number of digits in all
    numbers.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

    dadiOH, Dec 14, 2004
  4. Arawak

    Eli Aran Guest

    another option is to add each track manually to the burn list.
    if its not too much work and you dont want to change the names of each mp3
    file (like from 1 to 01).
    this way you also controle the order of the burnt files (tracks in your
    case)
    HTH

    Eli Aran, Dec 15, 2004
  5. Arawak

    dadiOH Guest

    Fine for audio CDs - although you can just add a bunch and drag into
    order - but not for data (MP3) CDs.

    --
    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...