    Can you please guide me?is there any special software required or shall i
    have to change my provider?
    thnx in advance!!

    Guest, Oct 10, 2005

  2. Guest

    BobC Guest

    You should set up a VPN (Virtual Private Network) between your computer and
    the remote computer(s). Google VPN and you will find many tutorials.
    Depending on what OS and routers you and the remote LAN/computers have, you
    may need to install third party VPN software at each end.

    BobC, Oct 10, 2005

  3. One free alternative is SSL-Explorer. Its easy to setup, has built-in
    support for XP Pro Remote Desktop, file access, etc and you can access your
    home PC from any Java enabled browser. You can also run VNC through the SSL
    tunnel just in case the remote site does not run XP Pro. I have
    occasionally used this to access my home LAN in the past. You only need TCP
    Port 443 open on your home firewall/NAT/router...

    http://3sp.com/showSslExplorer.do

    My personal VPN of choice, however, is to use Secure Shell (SSH). I
    currently use CopSSH and Tunnelier as the client with a 2048-bit RSA
    private/public key pair for authentication. Tunnelier has built-in support
    for XP Pro Remote Desktop and file transfers. You can also run VNC through
    the SSH tunnel just in case the remote site does not run XP Pro. You only
    need TCP Port 22 open on your home firewall/NAT/router.

    http://www.itefix.no/phpws/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=12
    http://www.bitvise.com/tunnelier.html

    Other remote access help...

    http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/SSH-RDP-VNC/RemoteDesktopVNCandSSH.html