    because I want to disable it so only my 40gig is active.

    Anyways when I try and install windows it is trying to install it on my C:
    I want to install it on my empty 40gig drive. How do I do it. Thanks.

    Bud Light, Nov 14, 2004

  2. Bud Light

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Boot from the XP disc, not a floppy. You may need to change settings in your
    BIOS to be able to boot from the CD.

    Are you planning on doing the 40 gig as a C: drive in that computer, or are
    you planning on using it as a D: drive, or are you planning on moving it to
    a different system?

    Toolman Tim, Nov 14, 2004

  3. Bud Light

    JB Guest

    Hi put your xp disk in your cd drive re-boot, it will give you options to
    your h/drive or your 40gig,,just follow the text ok,,it works ,,

    JB, Nov 14, 2004
  4. Bud Light

    Bud Light Guest

    Thanks....now I just found out that my 40gig hard drive only has 36 mb on
    it. I screwed up the partition or something.

    Bud Light, Nov 14, 2004
  5. Bud Light

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Possibly, but not likely. Due to advertising jargon and computer
    mathematics, a 40 gig drive isn't really 40 gigabytes.

    | Thanks....now I just found out that my 40gig hard drive only has 36 mb on
    | it. I screwed up the partition or something.
    |

    | | > Boot from the XP disc, not a floppy. You may need to change settings in
    | your
    | > BIOS to be able to boot from the CD.
    | >
    | > Are you planning on doing the 40 gig as a C: drive in that computer, or
    | are
    | > you planning on using it as a D: drive, or are you planning on moving it
    | > a different system?

    | home
    | > | edition. However, when I boot with a windows floppy and then try to
    run
    | > the
    | > | install it tells me that I cannot run the install in DOS mode.
    | > |

    Toolman Tim, Nov 14, 2004
  6. Bud Light

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Boot from the XP CD.

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Nov 14, 2004
  7. Bud Light

    James Mourby Guest

    True true, however if it *IS* only 36*MB*... then there is a problem :p

    James Mourby, Nov 14, 2004
  8. Bud Light

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | > on
    | > | it. I screwed up the partition or something.
    | > |

    | | > Possibly, but not likely. Due to advertising jargon and computer
    | > mathematics, a 40 gig drive isn't really 40 gigabytes.
    |
    | True true, however if it *IS* only 36*MB*... then there is a problem :p

    Didn't catch that - you're correct, of course ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Nov 14, 2004