    I'm using Forte Agent
    Thanks
    Jerry

    Jerome Ranch, Nov 28, 2004

  2. Jerome Ranch

    Flying Tiger Guest

    http://groups.google.be/groups?q=&rnum=1

    :))))

    Flying Tiger, Nov 28, 2004

  3. Jerome Ranch

    °Mike° Guest

    Highlight the message and press the 'H' key to
    get full headers. Copy the part of Message-ID
    between the < and > and paste it after "

    becomes:

    °Mike°, Nov 28, 2004
  4. Jerome Ranch

    Jerome Ranch Guest

    Simple
    Thanks people
    Jerry

    Jerome Ranch, Nov 28, 2004
  5. Just show the Message ID, from its headers. That can be given to
    any good news client for retrieval. Some require the name of the
    newsgroup, so include that:

    newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Recipient can take it from there.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 28, 2004
  6. Jerome Ranch

    jerry.ranch Guest

    Okay I've done this and it works fine for me.
    But when others click on the link (they use usenet and have a
    newsgroup provider), they either get nothing, or claim to get a
    completely different message with a different message ID.

    And does
    get you the same place as

    it seems to for me

    Thanks,
    Jerry

    jerry.ranch, Nov 29, 2004
  7. Jerome Ranch

    Razzbar Guest

    Not really. News messages are vastly different than web pages.
    A web page usually lives on one server until it's intentionally
    deleted. A news message lives on many servers until it "expires",
    and is automatically deleted, often in a few days or weeks.

    When a browser requests a web page, it gets it from the server
    at the address you see. When a browser or newsreader requests
    a message, it requests it from _its own news server_.

    That means that one person can click on the link and maybe
    get the message from _their own news server_ while someone
    else will click on it and _their different news server_
    will not have the message.

    Furthermore, not everyone has access to a news server. They
    are usually part of an ISP access account, but not always.

    If someone reads news via Google groups, they won't be able
    to use those links. I do. I couldn't.

    The message ID does not tell the browser/newsreader where to
    find the message, but which message _on the local news server_
    to look for. Don't the ending "@foo.com" fool you. Your news
    reader isn't going there. It's going to the NNTP server you
    are configured for.

    The solution is to locate the news message somewhere you can
    depend on to keep the message. One way to do this is to find
    the message on Google groups or some other web-based news
    service. Or you could keep the message on your own server.

    Using the "protocol is iffy at best.

    HTH

    Razzbar, Nov 30, 2004
  8. Jerome Ranch

    °Mike° Guest

    Those message IDs are unavailable on my main server,
    two others, and also on Google groups.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Nov 30, 2004