How do I hide my IP address?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by ---FREE TODAY---, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. Does anybody know how to hide IP address's ?

    Thanks for your time! :)

    ---FREE TODAY---, Oct 1, 2003

  2. ---FREE TODAY---

    n1pop Guest

    From what?

    n1pop, Oct 1, 2003

  3. ---FREE TODAY---

    Lord Shaolin Guest

    Yeh pull your modem cable out from the wall socket.

    --

    -+ Shaolin +-
    Discard what is useless, absorb what is not and

    .: http://www.security-forums.com :.

    Lord Shaolin, Oct 1, 2003
  4. ---FREE TODAY---

    Ivan Olsen Guest

    Useually you use firewall features like privacy etc to hide your ip address
    to be seen on the internet

    a desktop firewall could be Zonealarm pro, there are several on the market,
    but this has both capabilities.

    Ivan Olsen, Oct 1, 2003
  5. ---FREE TODAY---

    Bill Unruh Guest

    ]Does anybody know how to hide IP address's ?

    Sure. Unplug your machine from the net. If y ou want to use the net, how in
    the world do you think the machines you make requests from (eg for web pages) get
    the information back to you? It is via your ip address. No address, no return
    information.

    Bill Unruh, Oct 1, 2003
  6. ---FREE TODAY--- Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    If you hide your IP, how will the packets know where to go, to show
    you websites? To get your e-mail?

    You see, when you go to a site, newsserver, or mail server it needs
    to know where you are on the net so it can send the info back to
    you...

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Oct 1, 2003
  7. Use a privacy service, that is why they exist. Depending upon what you
    want to hide your IP while doing (web surfing, e-mail, etc) there are
    services that will enable that, some free, some not. One not free one
    is in my sig, I think it's the best (I know for a fact that no one else
    has all the features), but as far as best, understand that I am highly
    biased :) You can also find more with a simple google search.

    /steve
    --
    No one gives you more control of your e-mail than we do!
    http://www.cotse.net/servicedetails.html

    Stephen K. Gielda, Oct 1, 2003
  8. ---FREE TODAY---

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    Put a shawl over it.

    [ Doc Jeff ], Oct 2, 2003
  9. ---FREE TODAY---

    Josh Collins Guest

    Hi. There are alot of people on here that have no respect for other people's
    time, huh? Nothing worse than reading a thread with a bunch of smart asses.
    The info below will help you though.

    Go to coste.net or anonymizer.com. Both provide relatively cheap service to
    hide your ip. But neither will allow you to be completely anonymous on the
    internet. Both still have a way to allow people with subpeonas to find you.

    Josh Collins, Oct 3, 2003
  10. ---FREE TODAY---

    n1pop Guest

    I assume you've included me as one of the smartasses since I also
    responded to the OP. I'm still waiting for the OP to respond so I can
    give him or her the most correct answer. If there is no response,
    then the one wasting time is the OP for using this group as a
    write-only medium.

    n1pop, Oct 3, 2003