    I have to close it.

    How do I stop this for good and only have the desk top?

    Thank you a whole lot.

    Sherlock, Apr 9, 2005

  2. You have to install Service Pak 2 to get rid of your problems. We do
    recommend to close all programs and your Internet connection before
    downloading the product.

    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, Apr 9, 2005

  3. Sherlock

    riddick Guest

    <blink> huh?

    riddick, Apr 9, 2005
  4. Sherlock

    °Mike° Guest

    Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
    if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
    Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
    have the latest version of removal tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
    Now maintained by InterMute
    http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe

    °Mike°, Apr 9, 2005
  5. Sherlock

    DaveW Guest

    Please ignore the impersonating troll and the class idiot/clown.

    Look for a check box that says something along the lines of "do not
    show this again".

    If no such box, please provide more information about this "search
    window".
    (program name, search engine being used, whatever might identify
    what invokes the window)

    DaveW, Apr 9, 2005
  6. Sherlock

    Sherlock Guest

    This is a windows XP thing and it looks almost like windows explorer. I
    think it is intended by Microsoft to be there but I just want to know how to
    make it so this won't come up automatically every time I start my computer.

    Sherlock, Apr 9, 2005
  7. Sherlock

    DaveW Guest

    If there is no check box for "do not show this again" then it is not
    likely a Microsoft program.
    If the title bar is no help, use Task Manager to find out what
    program it is.
    If this is no help and/or you discover it is not MS, see if it can
    be uninstalled using add/remove programs.
    °Mike° suggested 2 very good (free for personal use) programs
    (Ad-Aware/SpyBot) you should install and use regularly.
    If you should identify the program to be CoolWebSearch, then use the
    CWShredder program also suggested by °Mike°.

    DaveW, Apr 10, 2005
  8. Sherlock

    Sherlock Guest

    OK thank you very much, I will try this. Boy there sure are a couple
    childish jerks in this help desk too.....

    Sherlock, Apr 10, 2005