How do I get rid of a little application that has attached itself to my taskbar???

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Daveyboy, Jul 18, 2004.

  1. Daveyboy

    Daveyboy Guest

    Hi,

    I don't know where it came from but when I rebooted my computer after
    work today there was 2 additions to the right side of my taskbar.

    One was a blank space with the words "Search the Web" in it and to its
    right was a button with the word "Search" .......

    When I right clicked on the blank space there were the following
    choices:

    Blazefind
    Google
    Yahoo
    MSN

    Blazefind (whatever that is) had a check mark to the left of the word.

    This thing is taking up a good part of my task bar and I want it gone,
    gone, gone...............

    Help!!!!

    Daveyboy, Jul 18, 2004

  2. Daveyboy

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 06:18:04 GMT, Daveyboy <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I don't know where it came from but when I rebooted my computer after
    >work today there was 2 additions to the right side of my taskbar.
    >
    >One was a blank space with the words "Search the Web" in it and to its
    >right was a button with the word "Search" .......
    >
    >When I right clicked on the blank space there were the following
    >choices:
    >
    >Blazefind
    >Google
    >Yahoo
    >MSN
    >
    >Blazefind (whatever that is) had a check mark to the left of the word.
    >
    >This thing is taking up a good part of my task bar and I want it gone,
    >gone, gone...............
    >
    >Help!!!!

    Download, install, and update all the below.

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/
    http://www.lavasoft.de/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.de/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE About Ad-Aware:

    Spybot - Search & Destroy by Patrick Kolla
    http://security.kolla.de/
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    NOTE: After you install the above, click "Online" and get the latest
    updates for the database. Update it regularly for new spy info.

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (Removes browser hijacker known as CoolWebSearch)
    http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
    http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

    Advertising Spyware: Blackstone Data Transponder and its derivatives
    http://www.cexx.org/vx2.htm

    Here's an option to scan your PC under "Do You Have Parasites?"
    http://www.aumha.org/a/noads.htm

    Unk, Jul 18, 2004