    sound is no longer there. There is no option for it in the Control Panel.
    How do I get my sigh back.

    I use windows XP Home SP2

    Stickems., Mar 31, 2005

  2. Stickems.

    MrGrumpy Guest

    Breathe out when pressing key?

    MrGrumpy, Mar 31, 2005

  3. Stickems.

    Guest Guest

    "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    > When I put my PC into hibernation by pressing a designated key on my
    > keyboard I used to get a sound which I can only describe as a sigh.
    > This
    > sound is no longer there. There is no option for it in the Control
    > Panel.

    Hmm, you are actually claiming that there is no sound applet under
    Control Panel where you assign sound files to events? If so, you have a
    bigger problem than one event not being assigned a sound.

    Guest, Mar 31, 2005
  4. Stickems.

    Stickems. Guest

    I can assign sounds to events, but not to hibernation.

    Stickems., Mar 31, 2005
  5. Stickems.

    Guest Guest

    "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    >I can assign sounds to events, but not to hibernation.
    >

    > <Vanguard> wrote in message news:...
    > | "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    > | > When I put my PC into hibernation by pressing a designated key on
    > my
    > | > keyboard I used to get a sound which I can only describe as a
    > sigh.
    > | > This
    > | > sound is no longer there. There is no option for it in the Control
    > | > Panel.
    > |
    > | Hmm, you are actually claiming that there is no sound applet under
    > | Control Panel where you assign sound files to events? If so, you
    > have a
    > | bigger problem than one event not being assigned a sound.

    Have you checked what happens if you assign the sigh sound file to the
    "Exit Windows" or "Windows Logoff" events? If that doesn't work then it
    sounds like you installed some software that is supposed to add its own
    sound event (under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\EventLabels) but either
    you uninstalled that software or the software isn't working anymore (so
    a reinstall of it might help).

    Guest, Mar 31, 2005