    device manager shows up. I checked the bios in windows 7 and the firewire
    is enabled. don't know where to turn to next other than nikon is working on
    drives for windows 7. charlie

    charles kuchar, Jan 28, 2010

  2. Dominic Payer, Jan 28, 2010

  3. There are no virtualization solutions that support Firewire that I'm aware
    of. As for not having Win7 drivers, you could try installing Vista drivers
    IF there are 64-bit ones. Otherwise, you'll need to use a different computer
    for your scanner until Nikon gets its act together.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 28, 2010
  4. finally found a post where the user was able to get the scanner working on
    vista and there were comments that some users were able to get windows 7
    working also. did the instructions and now I have the scanner working on
    the laptop with vista SP2.
    I certainly am getting experience in the virtual pc's. charlie

    charles kuchar, Jan 29, 2010