    will not boot to WINXP. Tried swapping HD, Video Cards,
    memory. What the hell is going on? Help please.

    -Dennis

    Dennis, Jun 27, 2004

  2. Dennis

    Paul Guest

    Remove the floppy disk?

    Paul, Jun 27, 2004

  3. Dennis

    Dennis Guest

    No floppy installed, right now.
    --

    Dennis, Jun 27, 2004
  4. Dennis

    ICee Guest

    That will happen when you swap motherboards on an XP system. You will
    have to try a repair install from the XP CD.

    ICee, Jun 27, 2004
  5. Dennis

    D Guest

  6. Dennis

    Unk Guest

    It means the boot block that initiates the Windows OS is damaged.

    A quick, TEMPORY, fix is to format a floppy on a good XP machine, and
    copy "Boot.ini", "Ntdetect.com", "Ntldr" to it. Boot your system with the
    floppy in the drive.. For a permanent fix........

    Repair the Boot Sector using the Recovery console on the CD.
    http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repair_xp.htm#How to Repair the Boot Sector:
    (Copy & paste the ENTIRE above line into the url box)

    To repair a damaged Boot Sector, run the Recovery console from the CD. At
    the command prompt type FIXBOOT and press Enter. Then answer "Y"

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_install.htm

    Microsoft resources:
    You Receive an "NTLDR Is Missing" Error Message When You Start Your Computer

    Unk, Jun 27, 2004
  7. I'm sure you've checked this 100 time, but your hard drive is listed
    apropriately in CMOS Setup's boot sequence, right?

    Experienced but Undocumented, Jun 27, 2004
  8. Dennis

    Ron Martell Guest

    When you replace the motherboard with one that is not absolutely
    identical to the old one then you need to do a repair install of your
    Windows XP - see http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm for
    detailed instructions.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Jun 27, 2004
  9. Dennis

    Parko Guest

    Unk scratched in the sand:
    What a silly link, but most amusing.

    Parko, Jun 28, 2004
  10. Dennis

    Dennis Guest

    Thanks one and all for the help. I tried most everything. Just bought
    another HD(same kind). Installed it, and WINXP. Works fine. I think the
    other was damaged by a lightning strike leak.

    -Dennis

    Dennis, Jun 28, 2004