    I cannot find anyway to get these posts deleted. They are actually causing
    me a lot of stress as I think my employer could easily find them on Google.
    What can I do?

    Pistachio, Feb 1, 2007

  2. Pistachio

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Start looking for a new job.

    WhzzKdd, Feb 1, 2007

  3. Pistachio

    thanatoid Guest

    Nothing. Google is one of the big brothers. Learn from your
    mistakes and think twice before doing anything dumb like getting
    a g-mail account.

    Maybe someone will post a link to the "Google 2084" cartoon. It
    is NOT funny, it's the future.

    thanatoid, Feb 1, 2007
  4. Pistachio

    philo Guest

    Though you can't delete them it's unlikely your employer would even bother
    to try and find them...
    And virtually impossible to prove it was you who posted them!

    philo, Feb 1, 2007
  5. Pistachio

    UnWise One Guest

    Post a link to some of the posts you now find embarrassing and we'll offer
    an
    objective appraisal of the dumbness of said posts.
    Alternatively, contact google and if you can prove you are the originator of
    said posts, and can provide a valid reason then google may oblige and remove
    them....Though thats doubtful.

    UnWise One, Feb 1, 2007
  6. Pistachio

    Mike Easter Guest

    Pistachio wrote:
    Subject: How do I delete my own old posts from Google Groups?
    Find all of the posts you made that you are going to try to have
    googlegroups remove. Make a note of each message's posting address and
    message id. Read the information in this helpfile....

    http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=46493&topic=9253 --
    How do I remove my own posts? -- Please follow the directions on this
    page to submit the following information:

    .... then you use the tool at http://groups.google.com/groups/msgs_remove
    Enter the email address originally used to post the messages:

    .... using that tool for each address which has one or messages that you
    are requesting removal and moving on to the next screen "Enter the
    Google Groups URL or Message IDs for the posts you would like removed,
    one per line:"

    .... and eventually getting to the Validation information where you swear
    to the words in the directions of the helpfile link above along with
    your reasons and a current email address and full contact information.

    When you've done all of that, you have completed submitting for one
    address's removal requests. Then you start all over with another
    address.

    Allegedly google will process based on the veracity. "We'll review your
    request and process the removal on your behalf if we find the
    information to be accurate. "

    Mike Easter, Feb 1, 2007
  7. Pistachio

    Pistachio Guest

    Thank you. The offending posts have now been delt with.

    Pistachio, Feb 1, 2007
  8. Pistachio

    M Guest

  9. Pistachio

    Vanguard Guest

    in message

    Google doesn't even have the resources to bother removing "Beta" from
    their Gmail or to get it out of beta state. They auto-reply with a
    "don't bother us" message when you send them notice to their abuse
    address about spam. And you really think they are going to waste time
    deleting newsgroup posts?

    Vanguard, Feb 2, 2007
  10. Pistachio

    Mike Easter Guest

    I have no idea, I've never tried. Somehow, the OP sed...

    Mike Easter, Feb 2, 2007
  11. Pistachio

    philo Guest

    oops...
    Corrected:

    philo, Feb 2, 2007
  12. Pistachio

    Evan Platt Guest

    Heh, I found some on a coworker. He was looking for a ... shall we say
    female for sex. Yep, just sex. nothing more.

    So the conversation at work went something like
    "Hmm.. Hey Joe (not his real name), is this you? <Reading usenet post
    aloud>.
    "No."
    "So you mean in 1997 you didn't post that to <newsgroup>?"
    "Uhhh no."
    "So at that time you were going to <college name> right?"
    "Yep."
    "Odd because that post, with your name, has the e-mail address or
    ."
    (Light bulb starts to go on in his head..... He turns beet red, and
    sits down.)

    Funniest day I ever had...

    Evan Platt, Feb 2, 2007
  13. Pistachio

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Sweet <grin>!!!

    WhzzKdd, Feb 2, 2007
  14. Pistachio

    Vanguard Guest

    Give 'em a pacifier to shut them up. Reminds me of the programmer that
    got called because there were overly long delays with some transaction
    software. He showed up and the first thing he did was add a progress
    bar when the user clicked submit. The complaints disappeared giving him
    time to actually work on the button. As long as the users saw
    SOMETHING, even a dummy progress bar, they'd shutup. I bet the OP went
    on his merry way after submitting all those cancel requests and has yet
    to see them disappear (I doubt they would disappear any faster than for
    those that use the X-No-Archive header).

    At one time Google honored cancel posts to control.cancel.
    Unfortunately HipCrime found out and starting wiping out numerous groups
    en masse so Google had to do several restores from backup. I warned
    them, HipCrime hit them, then they listened and stopped honoring the
    cancels.

    Vanguard, Feb 3, 2007
  15. Just pretend like it never happened, most people won't confront you about it anyway.

    lifesupport123, Sep 15, 2007
  16. Pistachio

    jim Guest

    If you are the original poster, you can ask Google to remove them.

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/2f7jvk

    jim, Sep 15, 2007
  17. Pistachio

    jim Guest

    jim, Sep 15, 2007
  18. Pistachio

    VINCE Guest

    I have old resumes on some jobs sites, if a boss saw that????????

    --

    Check out my BLOG

    http://onemanco.blogspot.com/

    https://be.freelancersunion.org/f/member/14270

    http://friends.phonehog.com/r/9f223a20464b102a9428

    VINCE, Nov 21, 2007
  19. Pistachio

    Evan Platt Guest

    I don't know. Maybe you shouldn't put a resume on a public site you
    don't want people seeing?
    <SNP>

    There's such thing as a shorter sig. Geez..

    Evan Platt, Nov 21, 2007
  20. Pistachio

    Morgan Humphreys

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2015
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    In regards to Google's Usenet archive, you used to be able to delete ('nuke') a post if you still had access to the email address it was sent from or could get a court order that it was your email. This possibility was removed without explanation sometime around 2011, and some deleted messages were resurrected by mistake a few years before that.

    If you're European, you can have posts you wrote and posts you are cited in delinked from searches for your name by arguing that they are no longer relevant. Be prepared to appeal to your local DPA if Google is unwilling to delink requests. The DPAs will probably support you if the material is old and pose a problem for you.

    https://support.google.com/legal/contact/lr_eudpa?product=websearch

    List of European DPAs (for appeals)
    http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm

    Morgan Humphreys, Aug 30, 2015