    How do I do this?

    Thanks
    AR

    akshay rao, Aug 30, 2014

  2. Hello,

    akshay rao a écrit :
    What's a bridge adapter, and what does it have to do with Linux ?

    Pascal Hambourg, Aug 31, 2014

  3. akshay rao

    Thad Floryan Guest

    Simply googling with this term "bridge adapter" finds as the 1st
    6 hits:

    Chapter 6. Virtual networking - VirtualBox
    https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch06.html

    Bridged Networking - VMware
    https://www.vmware.com/support/ws4/doc/network_bridged_ws.html

    How-to: VirtualBox Networking Part Two - NAT and Bridged
    http://catlingmindswipe.blogspot.com/2012/06/how-to-virtualbox-networking-part-two.html
    "Jun 18, 2012 - Last time, we ran through the Network Adapter options
    available to our ... The Bridged Adapter connects through the host to
    whatever is your ..."

    Wireless Ethernet Bridge- Wireless Networking
    http://compnetworking.about.com/od/hardwarenetworkgear/ss/wirelessadapter_4.htm

    Cisco Wireless-N Bridge for Phone Adapters - Cisco
    http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/wireless-n-bridge-phone-adapters/

    Network Bridge: Networking and Communications - TechNet
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc781097(v=ws.10).aspx
    " Network Bridge makes it inexpensive and easy to connect LAN segments.
    You can use Network Bridge to connect the Ethernet network adapter,
    the HPNA ..."

    Even the Microsoft one sounds "linuxy" to me.

    Since you seem to be unaware, Google is one of many search engines
    available over the Internet per:

    Web search engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_search_engine
    " A web search engine is a software system that is designed to
    search for information on the World Wide Web. The search results
    are generally presented in a line ..."

    Thad

    Thad Floryan, Aug 31, 2014
  4. akshay rao

    akshay rao Guest

    Thad do you actually realize none of these links you painfully took the time to post tell me how to configure a bridge adapter with DHCP?

    akshay rao, Aug 31, 2014
  5. akshay rao

    detha Guest

    One of the things that becomes clear from skimming those links is that
    'bridge adapter' can mean different things to different people.

    You will have to provide a little more information, like 'what
    distribution linux, how is this bridge created, etc.'. One of the main
    differences between say RHEL/CentOS/SL and Debian-based distros is how
    things like networking are configured.

    -d

    detha, Aug 31, 2014
  6. akshay rao

    Marc Haber Guest

    If you mean a bridge interface like br0, configured with the brctl or
    the ip -f bridge command, you simply do the same with br0 that you
    were used to do with eth0. In your case, dhclient br0.

    If you had a working configuration for eth0 before going bridge, just
    move that configuration to br0.

    Greetings
    Marc

    Marc Haber, Sep 1, 2014