  1. jcharth

    jcharth Guest

    Hello I am moving to a new subnet. When I go under my registrant and I click on change dns I am only allowed to change the host name . How do I change the ip of the host name if I am moving from one isp to another?

    jcharth, Aug 8, 2012

  2. jcharth

    Bit Twister Guest

    If you were to read and follow some of the suggestions at

    you might notice you might get more detailed instructions if you were
    to provide your OS, release, desktop manager, router model, type of
    connection, ......

    PS: You also might want to consider setting your Usenet client/app to
    line wrap at about 65 characters so the reply indicators do not break
    up the text.

    Some of the subject matter experts may not bother to reply if they
    have to reformat your post to conform to Usenet guidelines.

    Bit Twister, Aug 8, 2012

  3. jcharth

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    All of that is irrelevant, though. The problem is that he failed to
    explain what's *happening* and what he *wants* to happen.

    But yeah, he should read the article you mentioned.

    /Jorgen

    Jorgen Grahn, Aug 8, 2012
  4. jcharth

    D. Stussy Guest

    wrote in message Hello I am moving to a new subnet. When I go under my registrant and I click
    on change dns I am only allowed to change the host name . How do I change the
    ip of the host name if I am moving from one isp to another?
    ===============

    There should be a separate option for changing 'defined hosts" under a domain.

    D. Stussy, Aug 8, 2012
  5. jcharth

    Gordon Guest

    Been a bit of this happening lately on my screen. As you say below
    Remember this OP. People reading your post are under no obligation what so
    ever to help you. As you want something you have to meet their (the readers)
    expectations in order to have any chance of a reply/answer.

    People do help people, but only those they perceive to be worth the effort
    to help.

    In short the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

    Gordon, Aug 10, 2012
  6. jcharth

    Gordon Guest

    You missed the ...... above in Bit's reply. Short for etc. ;-)

    What he wants is to be connected to the Internet via his new ISP yes?

    What he is doing, is also important.

    Gordon, Aug 10, 2012
  7. jcharth

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    OK, the things not mentioned were not irrelevant.
    That's completely different from how I interpreted the question -- and
    that's the problem!

    (I get the impression he has a domain name and wants it to point to
    another IPv4 address. It also appears he's not running the name server
    himself, but uses some kind of web interface like the one dyndns.org
    has. But I'm just guessing.)

    /Jorgen

    Jorgen Grahn, Aug 10, 2012