    importantly HOW this can be done, in the most practical way that is.

    Thanks,

    Daniel

    Daniel, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Daniel

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Not possible. I remember it being possible through AOL's proprietary
    service, provided that:
    A) You are on AOL
    B) The receiver is on AOL
    C) The message hasn't been opened yet

    Otherwise, no, not possible.

    Also, even though you /can/ cancel a newsgroup post, almost no servers will
    respect that cancel request, as a cancel is very easy to forge. In a
    matter of minutes, I could cancel every post to this group in the past
    week.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Daniel

    Thor Guest

    nope.

    Thor, Jan 7, 2004
  4. with microsoft outlook click on the send message then action and recall
    message this only work if recipient hasnt open it and agree.....

    Arnaud

    Arno and Triny, Jan 7, 2004
  5. Daniel

    Thor Guest

    It only works when you are using Outlook in "corporate workgroup" mode, in
    conjunction with an Exchange email server (office environment). This alone
    severely limits the possibilities of using the reall feature.

    Thor, Jan 7, 2004
  6. There are some special email systems that let you do this but the normal
    ones don't. The special systems work by holding your email on their
    server-what's actually delivered to the recipient is an email with a
    link to your message on the system's server.

    You can do the same thing yourself (without the privacy) by posting the
    message to a web site (one that you manage) & sending the link in the
    email. Then, if you change your mind, you can always delete the posted
    message.

    BTW, this is also how those systems promise to tell you not only which
    recipients open your message but how long they keep it open (usually
    called 'how long they spend reading it' but it's actually how long they
    keep it open) and who they forward it to. It's all done by not sending
    the actual message so it never gets out of your control.

    Calvin Crumrine, Jan 7, 2004
  7. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Ok, thank you guys!