    menus - E.G : I don't mind making a menu that points you to the first or the
    second movie, but HOW do I get everything to stay intact and not lose any
    menu funtionality ?

    Zain of Earth, Apr 6, 2004

  2. Zain of Earth

    zeebop Guest

    zeebop, Apr 6, 2004

  3. Zain of Earth

    The Artist Guest

    The Artist, Apr 6, 2004
  4. Zain of Earth

    TeZ Guest

    "DVD Shrink"

    This is the best prog I've found for copying DVDs (for the moment at least)
    Keeps all menu's intact and compresses the DVD so that they will fit exactly
    on the 4.7Gb media.
    The end result will play on a std DVD player and is recognised as such.

    The down side is, that there is visual loss, albeit small.

    The up side is that this is the fastest ripper encoder I have seen to date.
    Ripping and encoding are done in real time and on my system that is achieved
    at around
    200fps.......yes you read correctly 200fps. That means that I can rip and
    encode a 90minute DVD in around 15 minutes.
    Sounds like rubbish?
    I thought so to, till I tried it

    And now the best part......................Its 100% free.
    Get it @ http://dvdshrink.org/where.html

    Enjoy
    TeZ

    What is DVD Shrink?

    DVD Shrink is software to backup DVD discs. You can use this software in
    conjunction with DVD burning software of your choice, to make a backup copy
    of any DVD video disc.

    DVD Shrink will also burn your backup DVD, if you have installed the latest
    version of Nero. You can download a demo version of Nero here. If you
    already possess alternative burning software and prefer to stick with it,
    then you can still use DVD Shrink. The output from DVD Shrink can be saved
    as files on your hard drive, which you can then burn with software of your
    choice.

    TeZ, Apr 7, 2004
  5. Zain of Earth

    Mirror Spock Guest

    I thought that DVD Shrink didn't keep menus.

    * Robinson

    Mirror Spock, Apr 7, 2004
  6. Zain of Earth

    A. Non Ymous Guest

    I've used DVD Shrink and like it. Being free you can not beat the price
    and I have found that if you use "deep analysis" the drop off in video
    quality is hardly noticeable.

    On the downside, it is VERY slow in deep analysis and really ties up the
    computer's resources. I set it to rip when I am not planning on using
    the computer for anything else like when I am going to bed. You can set
    it to turn the computer off when it is done.

    A. Non Ymous, Apr 7, 2004
  7. Zain of Earth

    Oldspook Guest

    I put 2 DVDs on one disc, BUT not all the menues. I put the main movies only
    on the combo-disc.

    I don't know of any way you can retain all menues, certenly not with TMPGEnc
    DVD Author. This is the program I use to author the 2 DVD movie discs. It
    allows you to create a title menu with the movie selections. DVD Shrink is a
    must to shrink the movies before re-authoring them.

    Oldspook, Apr 8, 2004
  8. Zain of Earth

    Billy Joe Guest

    Right now, I don't think any hardware/software is supporting
    this.

    But with burnable DVD9 and Blu stuff on the horizon and many
    more quadraphonic-like scenarios acoming, I don't think it will
    be long before players take the simple step of implementing
    folders at a higher level - so that AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS can be
    contained within other folders.

    When big Blu arrives, if you aren't interested in HD storage,
    you can get quite a few DVD videos on one disc. Rest assured
    someone will take advantage of that!

    BJ

    Billy Joe, Apr 8, 2004
  9. It does keep the menus, it keeps everything you want it to keep and removes
    everything you don't.

    Zain of Earth, Apr 8, 2004