    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Shekhar Rege, Feb 10, 2008

  2. Jerry

    asilayasi

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    asilayasi, Sep 28, 2008

  3. Jerry

    t4tipu

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Try This Tutorial

    jaxov.com/2009/08/how-to-block-websites-in-internet-explorer-and-mozilla-firefox/

    t4tipu, Aug 20, 2009
  4. Jerry

    siennal

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Use FF add-ons to block sites but they are not a complete way and easy to get around by changing the setting or reinstalling the browser.
    The safest way is to use a Aobo web filter.But they are NOT FREE. You can add the websites you don't want to visit to blacklist or just set keywords to block websites. And it works in stealth mode, and won't show in the task manager. It has password protection so that no one can change your settings without password.

    siennal, Jul 2, 2010
  5. Jerry

    DrStrangelove

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Host File Or Not...

    :( Host file or not, why not give Jerry some tips on how to use it properly instead of putting him down? That would be helpful & this is the forum for this kind of assistance. (Jerry: I'd explain it, but I have no clue what a host file is or how to use it, either. I just want to simply learn how to block certain websites per the dreaded google re-direct trojan/worm apart from fixing/blocking the trojan itself.) The best of luck to you both. (Be nice. Be helpful. ...& have a beer! Sheesh!) :beerglas:

    DrStrangelove, Oct 29, 2010
  6. Jerry

    TimEh

    Joined:
    May 6, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    TimEh, May 6, 2011
  7. Jerry

    cody2382

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Block websites

    If editing your hosts file does not work or you don't feel that you are doing it right, you may want to try something like 123BlockMe. It's free and you won't have to worry about if you set up your hosts file correctly.

    cody2382, Jun 13, 2011
  8. Jerry

    Lisa12

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I personally do it with software because my soon has found a way to get around blockade solutions that are here mentioned. I use this one: http://www.goldlimiter.com

    Lisa12, Jul 5, 2011
  9. Jerry

    pokohantes

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Block website in firefox

    Hi, You can use this Add-Ons
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fi...e/roadblock/?src=addon-detail&version=0.7.1.1

    I used and it's working properly in firefox.
    good luck

    pokohantes, Jul 5, 2011
  10. Jerry

    tc32628

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    know-it-alls

    I know nothing about host files, but I do know exactly what you mean. In internet explorer there is an option to block websites (Tools, Internet Options, Security, Restricted Sites).

    I see no such option in Firefox 6.0. If there is, it is well hidden.

    Guess if you want to continue using firefox and block sites, you will need a third party add-on or equivalent.

    IE 8 is faster to load and has fewer problems than Firefox 6.0.

    I recommend IE8 or Google Chrome. You can watch Neflix with IE8, but not with Chrome. Also a few banking sites don't seem to work well with Chrome.

    Otherwise just keep reading all the nonsense and try about a zillion things that usually don't work anyhow.

    If you can't find an answer to your question in the Mozilla Support Website in just a few minutes, you can spend the rest of your life reading suggestions from people that like to hear themselves talk.

    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/home

    tc32628, Aug 23, 2011
  11. Jerry

    kakal

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    please find add on fire fox

    kakal, Sep 13, 2011
  12. Jerry

    RM4527

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hosts file not working

    I added the line
    127.0.0.1 facebook.com

    to my hosts file and I can still get to Facebook no matter what browser I use.

    Am I doing something wrong? This should work...

    RM4527, Dec 5, 2011