    wireless connection to the internet based on being close to a hot spot? Does it
    cost anything? I have a cable modem, but that obviously doesn't do me any good
    on the road. I appreciate any info. Thanks.

    Lonesomepicker, Aug 29, 2005

  2. These hot spots are (usually) not free. You need to look up who runs
    those hot spots, and often you need to pay money every hour or month.

    Marc

    Marc Hulsebosch, Aug 29, 2005

  3. Lonesomepicker

    Deano Guest

    My mate's bought a wireless adaptor for his desktop pc and is now surfing on
    the back of someone else's (unsecured) connection. So it is possible to get
    a "free" connection but not something I would condone. Still if someone's
    not willing to secure the wireless connection they are asking for it.

    Deano, Aug 29, 2005
  4. Lonesomepicker

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Aug 29, 2005