How did they get behind my NAT?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Maniaque, Oct 10, 2007.

  1. Maniaque

    Leythos Guest

    Clearly, my statement was correct and completely accurate.
    At this time I have never met or seen his computer or systems and can
    not verify his statement.

    His reply about my statement was wrong, as I have never met a P2P user
    that was 100% ethical and didn't download at least 1 pirated media of
    some type.

    You/he can claim that I said no-one uses it ethically, but that would be
    your failure to comprehend what I wrote. I'm sure, somewhere, there are
    people that ethically use P2P apps, but in all the years they've been
    available and the thousands of people and thousands of computers I've
    come across with P2P software installed, all of them have pirated
    something at one point or another.

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    Fight exposing kids to porn, complain about sites like PCBUTTS1.COM that
    create filth and put it on the web for any kid to see: Just take a look
    at some of the FILTH he's created and put on his website:
    http://forums.speedguide.net/archive/index.php/t-223485.html all exposed
    'exposed to kids'.

    Leythos, Oct 13, 2007

  2. Maniaque

    nemo_outis Guest

    Unless you believe Unruh is lying, you have now encountered at least one
    person, Unruh, who has only used P2P for ethical purposes. And therefore
    your statement that there are none such must be emended.

    You can weasel about wanting to inspect his computer, but that is clearly
    just and only that: weaselling.

    Unruh thinks and writes carefully and his gentle call for you to correct
    your statement was entirely correct, because there are indeed folks (such
    as he) who only use P2P ethically. Up to now you have only been guilty
    of sloppiness, but you are rapidly entering the realm of intellectual
    dishonesty with your weaselling.

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Oct 13, 2007

  3. Maniaque

    Leythos Guest

    Unless you can't understand, I have neither met or encountered anyone -
    Usenet is Anonymous and there is nothing to validate his statement. I
    neither believe or disbelieve his statement - it's worthless unless his
    computer and past have been examined.
    No, it's you taking the lamers path to try and make more out of what I
    wrote than was there.
    My statement was clearly about what I HAVE EXPERIENCED, it was not all
    encompassing and did not claim what you have presumed it did - at this
    point you're the one being sloppy, you're trying to say I said something
    I did not say.

    Leythos, Oct 13, 2007
  4. Maniaque

    nemo_outis Guest

    Unruh thinks and writes carefully and his gentle call for you to

    Ah, I see, you've decided to persist with your weaselling. You're not
    man enough to back off from your idiotic over-broad statement even in the
    face of personal testimony from an immensely credible fellow who gently
    confronts you with a direct exception to your idiotic vacuous statement.

    You thought Unruh was a liar and I thought you weren't a dishonest
    weaselling fool.

    Well, we were both wrong!

    Regards,

    PS Here's Unruh's entry in the Wikipedia, Leythos. Here's the man whose
    credibility you've decided to malign. Goddammit, Leythos, you're a
    dishonest obdurate moron!

    Bill Unruh
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Unruh

    nemo_outis, Oct 13, 2007
  5. Maniaque

    Leythos Guest

    No, nemo, you are the only one wrong here, clearly.

    I don't "think" anything about Unruh, neither right/wrong, nothing. His
    post is just that, A Post. It doesn't contradict my statement, it
    doesn't prove me wrong, it doesn't anything. You see, the part you
    missed is that I worded my statement with "I" and limited it to "my
    experience" and didn't claim the entire world. You keep trying to twist
    my statement to cover more than the scope it was defined as - that's
    dishonest on your part.

    Unruh "could" be honest and ethical, or he could be dishonest and
    telling a lie, but I pass no judgment on him because I've not see his PC
    and don't know him.

    Leythos, Oct 13, 2007
  6. Maniaque

    nemo_outis Guest

    Precisely! You don't think!

    You originally made a silly and tendentious statement based only on bad
    reasoning from your narrow experience.

    When a highly credible fellow, Unruh, provided a direct counter-example
    to your foolish exaggeration you did not have the wit or grace to learn
    and emend your statement.

    Nope, that's not your style, Leythos. You weren't going to back off.
    You weren't going to learn anything. You weren't going to think.

    No, instead you were going to cling all the more rigidly to your
    stupidity with weaseling and dishonesty. You were going to stick your
    fingers in your ears, hum loudly, and say, "If I can't inspect Unruh's
    computer I get to stay stupid."

    Well, of course, you can maintain your idiotic opinion even in the face
    of contradictory evidence from a fellow whose credibility and
    reasonableness outshines yours by many orders of magnitude. You can be
    as rigid, dishonest, and stupid as you wish, for as long as you wish.

    Just as you said above, you don't think. And you will continue not to
    think. After all, it's your right to obdurately stay stupid.

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Oct 13, 2007
  7. Maniaque

    Leythos Guest

    Lets see if you can start thinking or if you're just going to keep your
    hate up. Here is what I wrote:

    "The issue is that I've not see anyone that needs to run a file-sharing
    program on their computer unless they were pirating files of some type.
    Yea, not always true, but it's a good assumption since there are legal
    means and methods without using file sharing methods."

    Notice that I clearly said "I've not see anyone" and that I also said
    "Yea, not always true"......

    You appear to just be a troll as it's quite clear what I've stated and
    that I'm not wrong in any part of my statement.

    So, my statement was about what I've seen and experienced and I even
    allow for ethical use of P2P apps, but clearly state that I've not seen
    it.

    You seem to think that some poster that claims they only use P2P apps
    ethically is telling the truth - how would anyone know?

    So, grow up sonny - fact is that what I said is clearly true, in the
    context that I've stated.

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    Fight exposing kids to porn, complain about sites like pcbutts1 that

    Leythos, Oct 13, 2007
  8. Maniaque

    nemo_outis Guest

    @adfree.Usenet.com:

    Are you back again?

    Look, you won! You've firmly established your right to be stupid, your
    right to weasel, your right not to learn anything.

    And I must say you've shown that, for you, thse are not just theoretical
    rights either.

    No, with each successive post you prove you fully live out those rights,
    you demonstrate your complete committment to putting those rights into
    practice.

    So congratulations on being a man who lives up (down?) to his principles.

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Oct 13, 2007
  9. Maniaque

    Leythos Guest

    So, you were trolling - I have to admit, until your previous post I
    wasn't sure you were a troll, now with this one I see I've fallen for
    it.

    Leythos, Oct 13, 2007
  10. Maniaque

    nemo_outis Guest

    No, the only thing that tripped you up and made you fall is your own
    stupidity - the stupidity, the obduracy, the weaselling you campaigned so
    hard for.

    But the really good news is that now you can continue with your stupidity
    and weaselling with no downside since you've long since destroyed any
    credibility you may have had.

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Oct 13, 2007
  11. Maniaque

    Leythos Guest

    Clearly described yourself.

    Leythos, Oct 14, 2007
  12. Maniaque

    nemo_outis Guest

    Leythos

    That's it? That's your snappy comeback? Gee, you really are living your
    stupidity to the fullest!

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Oct 14, 2007
  13. Maniaque

    Unruh Guest

    You said that you had never seen a computer with torrent seeder/tracker
    which did not also deal in illegitimate material. If that was really true,
    it no longer is, since I gave you an example of someone who only uses it
    for legitimate means, and pointed you to other examples (eg Mandriva,
    Suse,...) where it is used only for legitimate means.

    Your statement made it seem that one could draw the conclusion that running
    a tracker or seeder automatically meant that the person doing so trafficed
    in illegitimate items as well as maybe legitimate. That implication is
    simply wrong.

    Unruh, Oct 14, 2007
  14. Maniaque

    Ari Guest

    No, it's not but what a tunnelled life you must lead!

    Ari, Oct 14, 2007
  15. Hey, nemo, pay royalties to Will Shakespeare, will ya?

    Keter Noebling, Oct 14, 2007
  16. Maniaque

    Unruh Guest

    False. You stated your observation in order that the readers should draw a
    conclusion, that anyone who used torrent was unethical. Otherwise what was
    the purpose of your statement. I contradicted you. I pointed out that there
    are legitimate users of torrents, and that your statement was either
    dishonest or ignorant, and that the implication contained in your statement
    was wrong.

    Yes, you do. You placed the word could in quotations. In that context,
    since you were not quoting, those quotes can only be used to cast doubt on
    that word.

    Unruh, Oct 14, 2007
  17. Maniaque

    nemo_outis Guest

    That cheap hack? :)

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Oct 14, 2007
  18. Maniaque

    Leythos Guest

    You did not give me an example of someone that doesn't - your statement
    is the same as standing in the woods, without anyone around, and
    shouting BOO - it doesn't mean crap.

    You have not provided any proof of what you say, so my statement stands,
    as I made it, clear and simple.

    Leythos, Oct 15, 2007
  19. Maniaque

    Leythos Guest

    Face it chap, your statement means squat. I clearly said what I had
    seen/experienced and your use/machine is not something that I've seen or
    experienced, so my observations hold true at this time. Notice that I
    didn't say that ALL uses of P2P apps are unethical (which you seem to
    have ignored), just the ones that I've seen are being (or have been)
    used unethically.

    The implications are that I've not seen P2P software used ethically -
    that's it.

    If you're bent out of shape about my observation then to bad, you've not
    changed my observation and can't change it over Usenet - there is NO
    POSSIBLE MEANS FOR YOU TO CHANGE IT BY POSTING INFORMATION.
    Actually, since you're an anonymous person on the net, I didn't pass
    anything on you. I also, which you seem to have ignored, left the
    possibility that there are ethical users of P2P apps, but I've not seen
    them. So, go back to mommy and have her explain the difference between
    what I said and what you think I said.

    Leythos, Oct 15, 2007
  20. Maniaque

    nemo_outis Guest

    ....snip Leythos' drivel...

    Still weaselling, eh Leythos?

    It's not very good weaselling but you make up in quantity what you lack in
    quality.

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Oct 15, 2007